Take It. Let's Do It. - Chapter Twenty One

For Joe's birthday in August, I wasn't flaying back to LA. Taylor was going, but I was staying. My stomach was getting larger and no way I was risking my belly being the cover of a magazine anytime soon. The paps at the award show were enough and the jokes people made. Twihard baby? Lil wearwolf? Really? That's the best ya got? Either way, I wasn't going to stay around to find out. Nashville bound!

This pregnancy was something so different than anything I would have imagined. I mean, yeah, of course I pictured what it would be like to be pregnant. To have weird cravings, to be able to shop at pregnancy shops and have all magazines commenting on my pregnancy glow. But with a snap of a finger... Or more like a a shot of tequila and an unbutton of a shirt, (One or the other work, you pick your choice of seduction) that changed and flipped upside down. This pregnancy was full of rumors and hush hush. Belly covers and sucking in. Full of lies and pomises. The ugly truth, and the pretty. The ridiculous cravings of trail-mix, cheesecake, diet coke, and shortbread cookies that were dipped in chocolate, oh! And french fries being dipped in milkshakes. But only from the diner just outside of town and they had to be the right tempature. Not scortching hot, but not chilled. Tons of salt! They have to be like on the hotter side of warm and.... Why am I talking to myself about fries and milkshakes... Must be another one of those pregnancy kinda things.

I was spending the day with Claire and her beautiful children. Four year old little Lulu ans five month old Violet. Lulu's birthday was coming up and she wanted Liz and I to help plan it. I accepted the challange! After all, I had nothing better to do. Sure, I loved Nashville and the biggest crowed of paps you get are fans asking for autographs, but I still had to be careful. Its not like I could go out in town in a tank top and shorts. It would be way too obvious. 'Being blouted' only works for so long.

Tay went off with Grant Austin. He didn't have many friends here. That meant he was usually at home with me, or at my parents house hanging with Aus, or even golfing with my dad. He made the best of it, and no matter what, he didn't let anything bring me down. No matter what, he was always doing the right thing when my hormoans went through the roof. When I was angry and upset and yelling at him, he just took it in. When I was balling my eyes out, he took me in his arms and told me everything happens for a reason. When I was over joyed he stood back and smiled. When I needed my space, I got it. And when I woke up from the worst nightmares, with the screaming, the crying, the sweats... Even just the touch of his hand calmed me down. He truely was my superhero.

The nightmares didn't end with Joe and I kissing. That's what I decided to call it, a nightmare. They were insaningly realistic. Every kiss felt real, every touch, every voice... I'd wake up screaming or crying. Sweaty and breathing fast. Nothing cured them, except when I had Taylor's arms wrapped around me. It was like he was my own, personal; dream catcher. Well... Nightmare catcher.

"So... I meant to ask you this at our painting party... But I didn't really have time..." I said to Claire as she passed me baby Violet who was perfect in everyway sleeping soundly.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Well, I know you're busy with your two little ones... But I was wondering, would you be a bridesmaid? Ya know... For my wedding?"

Liz smiled as Claire nodded. "I'd love to!"

Lulu climed up in Claire's lap in a sparkly pink number. "But Auntie, what about me? I wanna be a bridesmaid!" She pouted.

"Lulu! I have a very special job for you!" She raised her eyebrow and Claire nudged her to come receive her secret. Lulu climed up beside me, snuggling close with bright eyes. "Now, Maddie Laine, this is a very important job, do you think you can handle it?"

She nodded vigurously. "Yes, Auntie! I promise I promise!" When we called her by her real name, she knew we meant business.

"Okay... If you're sure." I took a deep breath and put my voice to a whisper. "When I walk down the asile, to get married to big T, I need somone cute and adorable to toss flowers down the path... And hand us our rings... Do you think you could do that?"