35-sleepy song

A/N because I love you guys

We woke up in the studio sprawled across the multi coloured beanbags nowhere finished with recording the song. Sleepily we all got up and made our way to the canteen to grab some breakfast. We ate in silence too tired to talk. Once I had my morning tea I was able to function like a normal human being “so guys we have to finish shooting the video today then it’s another all-nighter recording” I noted telling the guys “the joys of our lives” Jack grumbled sipping his coffee “that’s the price we pay for following our dreams” I got up the boys following suit and made my way to dance studio 7 to meet up with Becky and the director still clad in pyjamas “alright Holey Cheese over there is the outfits for the last part of the video” we all nodded as the director pointed to a rack full of clothing and collected it heading in different directions to get changed. I entered the changing room and pulled off my pyjama top putting on a long sleeve grey t shirt that didn’t sit on my shoulders and black tank top, I then shimmied out of my pyjama bottoms and put on a pair of dark skinnies. I laced up my black combat boots and brushed my hair getting rid of the tangles sticking a dark purple beanie on top. I admired my outfit in the full length mirror; it suddenly dawned on me that I looked almost exactly like Hayley from when they shot Decode. With this thought in mind I strolled out the changing room and found Becky “why the heck do I l resemble Hayley?” I asked crossing my arms “well” she dragged out the well scratching her neck “don’t well me” I stepped forward “it was Hayley’s idea!” she blurted out “alright whatever” I waved it off and met up with the other guys who all said exactly what I said “why the heck do you resemble Hayley?” I shrugged my shoulders in response “now are we ready to go?” I asked the director who nodded his head and made his way to the van with us in tow.

We arrived at the forest again and walked into the clearing between the trees where the instruments were set up “now this is going to be the part where the band jam out together in the forest so just do what you normally do” we all nodded our heads and got into position me behind the mike stand “ok so just mouth the words as the track is going to be put in over the top” I nodded my head not liking the idea of mouthing but going along with it. “AND ACTION!” the director yelled I grabbed the mike and started pretending to sing grabbing the mike off the stand and walking round the forest standing on amps and flinging my arms head banging in places and popping up behind Harry while he was on his drum kit singing into his ear when the song was drawing to a close I dropped to the ground “AND CUT! That was amazing guys” the director beamed as we walked over to him “I like the end Matti” he nodded at me complimenting me on my fall to the ground “thanks” he then turned back to all of us “ok so I think that’s a wrap. I’ll get to editing the video and merging both of our shoots together” Becky took over from him “and we are needed back in the studio again to finish recording” we piled into the van again after that and made our way back to the studio.

Ed was in the booth at the moment recording the first guitar bit while the rest of us were lounging around waiting for him to finish. After Ed Max was next to go and record meaning I was going last. Max entered the booth at 11 at night to record his part. When it finally came to me it was midnight, finishing my tea I walked in and slipped the headphones on lyrics in front of me “when you’re ready Matti” I nodded my head and started singing

Down to you

 You're pushing and pulling me

 Down to you

 But I don't know what I

Now when I caught myself

 I had to stop myself

 From saying something that

 I should have never thought

Now when I caught myself

 I had to stop myself

 From saying something that

 I should have never thought

Of you, of you

 You're pushing and pulling me

 Down to you

 But I don't know what I want

 No, I don't know what I want

You got it, You got it

 Some kind of magic

 Hypnotic, Hypnotic

 You're leaving me breathless

 I hate this, I hate this

 You're not the one I believe in

 When God is my witness

Now when I caught myself

 I had to stop myself

 From saying something that

 I should have never thought

Now when I caught myself

 I had to stop myself

 From saying something that

 I should have never thought

Of you, of you

 You're pushing and pulling me

 Down to you

 But I don't know what I want

 No, I don't know what I want

Don't know what I want

 But I know it's not you

 Keep pushing and pulling me down

 When I know in my heart it's not you

Now when I caught myself

 I had to stop myself

 From saying something that

 I should have never thought

Now when I caught myself

 I had to stop myself

 From saying something that

 I should have never thought

Of you, I knew

 I know in my heart it's not you

 I knew

 But now I know what I want

 I want

 I want

 Oh no, I should have never thought

I finished singing it first time round and lowered the headphones from around my ears having them sit on my shoulders around my neck “one more time Matti” I nodded my head and sang it again. This continued till Becky was happy with the results she heard. I finally left the booth at quarter to 2 in the morning, and collapsed on the nearest beanbag which was currently being occupied by a sleeping Jack “what the” he said getting up “sshh sleepy” I mumbled snuggling into him and the beanbag letting sleep take over.

Who knew recording could be so much hard work?