Of New Beginnings

ITS HERE AHHHH!!!

_____

'It was the summer of 1813, that's when the witch first read the prophecy. 

The day was already destined to be a disaster, but of course no one suspected this. It was Friday October 13th, and the moon was unlike any other. The old witch with the cat was one many people feared, she saw things no one else saw, she heard things no one else heard... she felt things... she knew things. 

Cressida - the witch - was always suspected of witchcraft, it was practically abundant but the townspeople of Luna Falls feared crossing the old woman although they wished desperately to send her away to the Brotherhood. 

The night was almost peaceful, the wind blew by softly and the stars above in the night sky cast a beautiful light down onto the town of Luna Falls - it was almost perfect. But Cressida saw something, shining up in the night sky - it was the moon of course, but a moon unlike any other. 

It was blue, the kind that only happened every 200 years. The kind every witch feared for it always cast a dark omen on the town, and a dark omen it did. 

They say Cressida could see the future, things that hadn't happened yet but were destined to be. The Blue Moon cast a foreshadow, summoning the prophetess to speak. 

She told of a tale, the future that in 200 years from that very day two girls born with special abilities and blessed by both the moon and sun would have the power to save us or destroy us, they would be gifted with power so extraordinary that - ' 

"- It's too repetitive." I finally spoke up, looking up with my amber eyes to meet my father's in his rear-view mirror. "I get where you're coming from with this, with the style and all but... I don't know, it almost feels dry." 

"That was what I worried about." My dad sighed from the drivers seat. 

"I mean don't get me wrong." I added quickly, as I reached forward in my seat to pass my mother the report. "It's spectacular it's just... not done." 

"I need it to be perfect." My father nodded, as he turned a corner continuing us down a deserted road. "I want it to be placed in Luna Blue's historical tales placement in their private library - it's only reserved for the town council, and if they read it and they think it's up to potential that could grant me a lot of what you would call 'Street Cred', Bells." 

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as he said that, it was a regular occurrence for my dad to attempt that hideous slang language with me. He knew it drove me crazy, which was why I assumed he always did it. 

"Well I'm sure your goal will be accomplished." My mother said turning her head to give my father one of her 'Loving Smiles'. "It's going to be perfect, I'm sure of it." 

"I just don't understand it." I said with a sigh. "You're rewriting an old folk tale, because the last one was in this weird Shakespearean type language. Only these people think it's real?" 

"We're not in Baltimore anymore Bella." My mother laughed turning to look at me in her seat. "We're in Luna Falls, Louisiana - Louisiana believes in witchcraft and voodoo magic... quite passionately, which means they include it in their history. Luna Falls especially, they teach old mythology of their town in schools." 

''Talk about a freak show,'' I thought silently. 

We had been driving for what seemed like ever, travelling nearly cross country distance from Baltimore, Maryland to wherever we were now in Louisiana. I thought I would get used to it by now. In the past seventeen years of my life I've moved a total of thirty four times - we never stayed any longer then six months in a town and I'm being serious, I remember these things.