Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One (Julian)

"I'm a freak," I moaned, running my hands through my hair as I sat forward, "As if being a vampire wasn't bad enough, now I'm some possessed demonic vampire."

"Trust me, it could be worse." Newell muttered flatly. I glanced up at him, then blushed lightly. Well, yeah, it could be worse. I could be the size of an eight-year-old. I still didn't like my position now, though, so I just buried my face in my hands now.

"Anyway," Newell went on, sitting back in the seat, his feet not even touching the floor, "As much as I hate to say it, it's still not enough proof that Julian's got what you got, Vladimir. It might be something different, or it might be the same. We need to start testing. Tomorrow after Julian gets out of school, we'll bring him to the lab and take some blood tests. We'll need to do an MRI too, so, Alexander, talk to your parents about getting us into one of the scanning rooms for a bit so we can get that done and over with. We might have to do some X-rays too."

"Ugh, I hate the doctors." I grunted, shaking my head. Adam gave me a weird look.

"Your parents are doctors."

"I know."

"Ah." Adam said in understanding. Alexander scowled at me. I shrugged innocently.

"In the mean time," Newell continued sternly, sitting forward, "We need to stay quiet. Vladimir and Alexander will be with me at the hospital. Julian, you and Adam go to school as if nothing happened. Xed will keep a close eye on you two, so don't worry if something out of the ordinary happens. I want you to start keeping a journal of your visions and astral walks. And be sure to note the difference. Visions are just scenes from the past or future. Astral walks are present and you can't touch or feel anything. You're just... there."

"Do I really have to go back to school?"

"Yes." Everyone in the room said in unison, even Adam. I scowled, slumping back against the couch with my arms folded over my chest tightly as I sulked. Vampire terrorists attacking the world and still have to go to school. Oh yeah, this was definitely a international disaster. NOT.

"Well," Vladimir said, getting up, "I'm going to bed so we can get up early to head to the hospital."

"Me too." Alexander agreed.

"Ew." I responded. Alexander glared at me while Vladimir just gave me a cocky smirk before he linked arms with Alexander, walking out of the living room. Newell looked at me.

"And you have school tomorrow." He told me. I snorted, standing up miserably as Adam got up beside me.

"Aren't people gonna be suspicious that someone like you is at the hospital and not at school either?" I asked. Newell narrowed his eyes at me, but he smirked.

"Trust me, I've traveled several different countries. If I can do that, I can move through a hospital." He answered. I wrinkled my nose at that, but let Adam lead me out of the living room to my room. We weren't allowed to close the door, much to my annoyance so I had to change in the bathroom into a pair of boxers and an over-sized t-shirt. I had to help Adam change, what with his arm in the sling, but seeing as he took his pain pills not too long ago, he was a little out of it.

"God, I could just fall asleep right here." Adam murmured tiredly as I tossed his dirty shirt on the floor with the rest of my laundry. I picked up one of his shirts, helping him get it over his head.

"Please don't. You're like a hundred eighty pounds of pure muscle."

"And you're a vampire."

"Point taken, but I don't wanna lug your ass into bed." I responded. Adam smiled sleepily at that as I turned to brush my teeth, but he caught me around the waist, making me gasp as he pulled me against him. I shivered at the feel of his muscles against mine and I tilted my head to look at him as he nuzzled against my hair.