Chapter 1

I sat there on the edge of the bathtub, tears filled my eyes. How could this happen. We took all the precautions! We were too young.

I picked up the used pregnancy test and looked at it again. Surely there was some mistake. A plus sign still in a blue color was surely the results of the rest of my life.

I had to call him, had to tell him that we were going to be parents. I didn't believe in abortion and I couldn't even think of adoption. I grabbed my cell phone off the back of the toilet.

"Jake, It's me....we need to talk can you come over? Okay...see you soon." I hung up taking a deep breath. I rehearsed in my head what I was going to tell him.

I lay on my bed in the meantime waiting to hear a knock at the door. I heard it and my mom answered, "Hey Jake, she's upstairs go on up"

I could hear him racing up the stairs, he knew from the sound of my voice on the phone that this was urgent. He knocked lightly and came in. Being with him for 3 years still made my heart speed up. His 6 foot 3 broad shouldered frame came over to me. He sat down on the edge of my bed just looking at me with the crystal blue eyes. "What's wrong Arianna?"

I sat up and put my face in my hands and started bawling. He put his arms around me. "I'm..I'm pregnant Jake..."

"WHAT? How? You're on birth control and we used condoms!" His eyes were wide, I knew how he felt. We both had enrolled into the services me the Air Force and him the Marines. My plans were changed at the moment I peed on that stupid little stick. I didn't want to even take the test, I just hadn't felt right for weeks and wanted to rule out everything before being concerned.

"I don't know baby. I'm so sorry. I'm going to keep the baby. You know my views on abortion and adoption. We've talked about in the future if this ever happened what would go on. You still go into the Service. I'll do this."

"I'm not leaving you to do this alone. I love you Arianna. Why would you even think that I would leave you in a time like this? We'll stick together baby. I was going to wait to do this until our date tonight, but I guess now is the time." He pulled out a red velvet box and opened it, it was the most gorgeous engagement ring I had ever laid eyes on. A perfect set of 3 princess cut diamonds in a white gold. It looked to be at least a carat and a half.

"Oh my God Jake! I....I don't know what to say..." I was speechless, which didn't happen to me very often.

"Just say you'll be my wife, these past few years have been the highest part of my life and I couldn't even imagine being with anyone else. I want you Arianna Adele Roberts for the rest of my life, by my side." He kissed me when I nodded my head. He put the ring on my finger and I cried a little bit more.

We were going to do this. We were going to be a family. I couldn't wait now that he felt the same as I did about our situation. I knew I had to push him into going into the Marines and to not give up on his dream. I wouldn't feel right if he didn't go.

"But on one condition." I said.

"What's that baby?"

"You have to pursue your dream. Go into the Marines. Even if it's after the baby is born. But I couldn't live with myself if this was the reason why you couldn't do what you've wanted to do since we met"

"I promise babe. I just don't want to leave you and my baby. I'm going to just sign for 6 years. And them I'm done. I'll have enough experience to get a great job, you can still go to college for ROTC if you want and we can make it. Give our baby the most amazing life possible."

I just nodded, I knew he was right. I could still do the same just in a different way.

It was time I knew to break the news of the baby and engagement to my parents.

(IF YOU LIKED THIS PLEASE COMMENT OR VOTE, I WON'T WRITE MORE IF I DON'T GET SOMETHING. JUST WANT TO GET SOME FEEDBACK ON MY WRITING AND IF ANYONE IS LIKING IT!! :) THANKS!!)