Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

There’s a saying that if someone throws you a rock, you should throw back bread instead. I don’t know why I should even throw bread instead of throwing back a bigger rock.  Maybe because the quotation teaches us to do more good works—to throw more good works even though you are being thrown bad things. Yeah I’m really feeling Christian right now and I really think that instead of wasting my time on planning my greatest revenge on Cupid I should focus more on what I’d like to call “My Life”. Because it’s really starting to crash right now and I really need some bandages to save my heart.

“He is such a little parasite!” I shouted as I approached my friends in the eating shed.

They just looked at me blankly as if the “scenario” there was just an old tarpaulin.

“Hello!” I waved my hands at them. ”I am here, thought you just want to know?”

Janica rolled her eyes. “We know you’re there.”

“Then what are those question marks on your head?” I asked as I sat down beside her.

I pretended to see some clouds above their heads and I started popping them out and they laughed.

  “Psyche, has he contaminated you with his charm?” Kelpie asked and my eyes widened.

“Yeah, you are starting to act just like him.” Janica said as she giggled.

“That is what you call attraction.” Kelpie emphasized the last word as she gave me a mocking stare.

“What?” I sneered at her. “Who are you referring to exactly?”

“Don’t deny it, Psyche. We knew you went out to save him.” Janica elbowed me.

I flinched at her touch. “I did not. I was out to thank Andrew!” I defended myself.

“Weh…” both of them said.

“See. We haven’t even mentioned any name and you think it’s Mr. Lover Boy.” Janica teases.

Liars go to hell.” Kelpie winked at me.

Thinkers are doers.” I winked back at her.

She gasped as she feigned hurt.

“Psyche, it’s just obvious that Cupid likes you. Tell us the truth. Are you two seeing each other or something?” Janica asked as she took a sip on her soda. I know that she wanted me to tell Kelpie the truth myself. Oh that big mouth!

I placed my hands on the table and I started to pinch each finger. I looked at Kelpie and then to Janica. Damn it. The feeling is like being in a courtroom.

“Just to end this controversy and all this drama,” I took a deep breath and I braised myself for their reaction. “Yes, we are seeing each other. And yes, it’s called dating. Thought you should know.”

Weh! He isn’t.” Kelpie said and Janica was feeling dumb who started eating her munchkins.

I rolled my eyes but then I started to explain to her the whole story of how it came up to there. But of course I didn’t tell them that Cupid and I are faking as lovers. We can’t afford any slip and more controversy rising. Now that the false rumor that Andrew is courting me has spread because of the punishment thingy, adding this would be more austere.

“Oh, it’s kind of romantic!” Kelpie grasped her hands together.

“I know, right?” Janica was thrilled with her.