Chapter Ten

Here it is. This is what everything up to this point has been leading up to.

Also if you have an Instagram and like Sherlock, Doctor Who and Supernatural, follow me. @timeywimey_winchesters

I hope you enjoy and be sure to tell me your thoughts on it.

~BB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10

It was raining today. The sky crying for all the fallen and all the ones who can't forget.

This was something that you got used to in London. Rain. So much rain. I sat in my armchair, looking at the water wash down the windows.

It had been two and a half weeks since my birthday. Molly had been very kind to me. She had not brought up what we had discussed in the kitchen that night. I didn't want to talk about it and I think she understood that. She had been one of the best friends to me in this time. I hadn't gotten over Sherlock's death, but she made it easier to live.

Life had been dull and dismal the last few days. I had gone to see about a job at a doctor's office - not the one Sarah worked at, that would be too awkward.

I was not given the job. They were afraid of my unstable mental condition. I had to say that I understood.

I needed to make money somehow, but I did like having the time to just relax.

Because unlike Sherlock, I was not someone who thrived on always being busy.

I liked to sit in my chair. I liked to drink my tea. I liked to watch the rain fall. I even liked to take brief naps sometimes. I liked to do whatever could distract me from thinking because it always led to one place.

I fell asleep that afternoon, only to be woken by Mrs. Hudson an hour later.

"John, I'm sorry to wake you. Can you help me with my groceries?" She asked. Her arm was almost completely healed, but it was good for her to be careful.

"Of course," I said standing up and pulling my jacket on to face the cold.

Her car was loaded. I carried around five bags at a time, so I only had to make two trips. Then I offered to help her unload the bags.

That took me a bit longer than I would have expected, as Mrs. Hudson kept saying, "No that doesn't go there," but eventually, everything had a place.

"I really do appreciate it," Mrs. Hudson told me.

"Don't mention it," I replied.

"Are you still going to see Sherlock today? It's raining cats, dogs, and horses," she said.

"Of course I'm going. I went in a blizzard," I reminded her.

"Oh look at you, so dedicated to your friends," she smiled.

"I help you all because you have helped me so much," I explained, smiling sincerely.

"How have we helped you?" Mrs. Hudson questioned.

"Well, you've given me a home and you make me feel like I've got family," I said. "And Molly has always been there to keep me company, even though I didn't always realize it. Greg has bared with me through my down days. He never gave up on me."

"That's very nice, John," Mrs. Hudson smiled warmly. But I wasn't finished.

"And Sherlock, well, he gave me my life. I was alone and worth nothing. He gave me something to keep living for. He put excitement back in my life," I said.