Curtain Call {7}

“Scott, isn’t your arm tired?” I asked. Scott had been playing fetch with Link for about a half hour now as the rest of us sat, letting our stomachs settle from all the food.

                “You just don’t love your dog enough to play with him,” Scott said as Link came back with a tennis ball in his mouth. Scott took the tennis ball and pet Link, smiling. “Isn’t that right, Link? I’m good to you. You can come home with me.”

                “You are the only person who’d take a dog home from a party instead of a fuck buddy,” Neo said.

                “I like dogs better than people,” Scott said, throwing the tennis ball again.

                “You also don’t like sex,” I said.

                “I’m surprised Alexander has rubbed off on you yet. Literally and metaphorically,” Neo said.

                “He’s rubbed off on you,” Scott said.

                Neo blushed a little. “Yea, well, he’s fucked 40% of the people sitting here,” Neo said.

                “60%,” I corrected. “If I count in this statistic, I have jerked off before.”

                “Thanks for sharing,” Neo said.

                “I’m trying to digest my food, not throw it up,” Scott said as Link came back. “Stop talking about sex and what you do to yourself in the shower.”

                “When will there be dessert?” Toby asked, easily changing the subject.

                “In about an hour,” I said, checking the time on my phone. “That gives us time to digest.”

                “Awesome!” Toby said, smiling. “My mom made brownies and a cake.”

                “I love your mom’s baking,” I said.

                “What a coincidence, so do I!” Toby said.

                “Does your mom know you fuck Alexander?” Neo asked.

                “Did your parents know?” Toby asked, and his tone was innocent as always, but I could see the satisfaction in his eyes when Neo blushed.

                “Whatever,” Neo grumbled. “Hey, fuckboy, did you make any desserts?”

                “Yes, I did,” I said.

                “Good. You’re only good for your pets and your food,” Neo said.

                “This friendship is fantastic,” I said.

                “I’m not the sweet buddy-buddy type,” Neo said. “I met Donnie by biting him. Friendship with me involves insults and biting.”

                “Great,” I said.

                “Oh, Alexander! I almost forgot! My dad had something to show you!” Toby said, jumping up.

                I got up curiously, wondering what Henry had to show me. I followed Toby inside, but instead of pulling me towards the gatherings of people in my house, he pulled me upstairs and down to my bedroom.