The Need

Venom Impulsers

I felt remorse for this angel, this poor angel about to commit to something so horrific- Bella

Prologue-The Need

Bella pov- Phoenix 2010-Midnight

I ran, my lungs blazing from the rapid frosty air rushing in. My face was drenched from my falling tears, making it almost impossible to see. My brain was frantic looking for potential ways to escape my attacker, but of course I came out empty.

All those years of in school self defense lessons were vanished and all I could think was run and scream but my throat was stitched closed, and not a sound could form.

Did I stand a chance?

The loud growl that erupted from behind me finalized all hopeful thoughts. He was going to kill me. The reality of that harsh fact hit me like steal train; I was going to die, now?

Confusion fogged my mind. What have I done to deserve this? Why me?

I ran along the lumpy paved road, the tall buildings stood dauntingly, towering over me making me feel as small as a dirty street rat. Even though I had walked along these same roads thousands of times, it seemed different.

This road was disturbingly unfamiliar.

The winding roads lead me nowhere; everything looked the same making feel like I was traveling in circles. I looked frantically reading the names of the street signs but nothing was recognizable.

I was lost.

I looked towards the homes and buildings. It was a moonless night, making it pitch dark and not one house had a light on; everyone was sound asleep...except me. I was the only idiot who decided a midnight stroll would be a smart idea; I guess I did deserve this.

I ran trying to make as much noise as possible.

Did no one care? Did they not hear my screaming?

I prayed that someone would hear this noise and run out to see what was wrong, but not one light switched on, not one shadow appeared behind a curtain.

Diminishing the hope of surviving.

"Only the strong survive" I faintly remembered my Biology teacher Mr. Crooks saying. "and that goes for everything not just animals, trust me..."

He muttered shaking his head as if thinking of a distant memory. "Predators fight the weak and vulnerable, they would never risk anything stronger unless they are protecting their mate or young..." Mr. Crooks continued to lecture us in his dull monotone voice about animals.

Animals, not humans, but the point was still the same. Only the strong survive and I am defiantly not strong. The sinking feeling of not making it out alive petrified me. Millions of possibilities rushed into my mind. My breath caught at all the horrific images that consumed my mind.

The invisible string that tied the insides of my throat together unraveled and I found the power to scream desperately.

"Help! Please anyone!" My voice was coarse and shamefully quite. My voice came out more like a pathetic little squeak than forceful call for help.

I don't even know why I was yelling, no one was out on these abandoned streets, and no one would wake from there peaceful slumber to come and rescue me. Like always I was alone, left to fend for myself. There was nothing but the solitary road and the broken street lights that swayed from the hard October wind.