Chapter 29 - Warning Shot

~*~Warning~*~ Leon uses some rather offensive terms for homosexuals in this chapter. It's not meant to offend anyone this is just how his character is.

5 Days

~*~*~*~Leon~*~*~*~

Leon was blinking awake to find himself looking up at a very familiar looking ceiling. There was a painting that could only have been done by an 11 year old with his lackluster art skills could've made. It was a picture of him and Natalia holding hands, or at least that's what it was supposed to be. Looking up at it now Leon thought it was just some stick figures with scribbles for faces and two red dots for his eyes, and two pink ones for hers. He curled his lip up a little out of intrigue, mostly because he was wondering how in the world he thought that resembled him and Natalia back than was behind him. They had clothes on to be sure and they even had the right flesh tones, everything was done down to the white streak in Natalia's hair. There was even a small heart in between them, one half red the other pink, and in that heart were the words: Mr. & Mrs. Saunders.

"Oh my god." Leon said shaking head as he continued looking up at it. "I was such a lame ass kid."

He let out a sigh and sat up and putting his arm over his knee before looking at the room he'd had as a child. It was a far cry from what he lived in now, there was only two small windows and the walls were panted sky blue with tons of posters all along the wall of bands he listened to. They were all bands that existed before the Revelation and they were all dead by now but he still listened to them all the same. Across his room there was a desk with a book lamp several pens, pencils, and pictures of the demons that Leon had been friends with before he'd been deported. Next to that desk was a book shelf that came up to his chest and it was absolutely stuffed with books detailing the world before demons made themselves known.

Written on top of the windowless wall Leon was surprised to see still written in big black letters 'Goals in Life.' It was exactly what it sounded like, things he'd wanted to do in life before he died. He'd written them when he was 13; at least that's how old Leon thought he was when he'd written them. Several of the goals had been crossed off but at the very top Leon saw two goals that were bigger than the rest. Marry Natalia Loustar was goal number 2 and goal number one Leon had completely forgotten about. Written at the top of the wall as goal number one was, 'Make dad proud of me.'

That made Leon get up from the bed that'd been too big for him as a child but now it was just barely big enough to keep his feet from hanging off the edge, he walked over to his desk and grabbed the first marker he saw. It was a red one ironically enough, as Leon made his way over to the List of Goals and scrawled a note next to the goal. Once he was done with it he put the cap back on the marker and tossed it back on the desk before sitting down in the rolly chair and found himself looking at the small pictures that were sitting on the desk. Hank, Reggie, Kendal, and Natalia were the ones that the pictures were of. Hank and Reggie were Leon's best friends growing up; Kendal was Reggie's girlfriend and probably Leon's first crush until he met Natalia. The picture showed the four of them in Mr. Patters science class gathered around once of the tables with their arms extended outward with cheesy grins on their faces.

The next one that he saw was of the very first time he'd introduced Natalia to them all at Devi-Park Park. It'd gone good and they'd all taken a picture behind one of the trees with their heads all coming out at different heights. Leon couldn't believe just how young he looked in those pictures and the last string of pictures just cemented how long it's been since he'd been forced to leave the Chain. It was a roll of pictures from a photo booth of his first date ever with Natalia on Valentine's Day. The first few were goofy pictures of them making weird faces at the camera or them touching each other's faces in ways that made them look funny. The last two pictures of the roll were of Natalia laying her head on his shoulder followed by a picture of them kissing.