Kiss and Tell and Rooms of No Consequence

-Cecelia's POV, after school-

"Are you sure it's ok that I'm coming over?" Morgan asked depositing her backpack on the floor next to the door as we entered the house. "You didn't ask and you guys are supposed to have this big family talk tonight." I rolled my eyes before grabbing my kit off the counter.

"I completely forgot about clearing tonight with the boys, there has been a lot going on lately and it just slipped my mind," I defended quickly pricking my middle finger and feeding a bead of blood onto a strip before sticking the injured digit into my mouth.

"Eww, gross," Morgan spat crinkling her nose in distaste, "Dia-vamp much?" Slipping my finger from my mouth I promptly flipped her off, she smirked. "Just sayin."

"I'm sure the boys will be fine with you staying," I said ignoring Morgan's comment on my choice of cleanup, "You always stay here when your parents go out of town for ministry stuff. Besides, what are they gunna do, send you home with nobody there? On second thought, maybe we should just both stay at your house." Shooting Morgan a devilish smirk I grabbed us each a yogurt from the fridge.

"HA! So I can aid and abet in a night of debauchery with Josh? No thanks," she said rolling her eyes before peeling the lid off her yogurt and giving it a lick.

"First of all it was ONE kiss, that doesn't even come close to qualifying as debauchery and I was thinking more along the lines of avoiding awkward family discussions."

"Surely it won't be THAT bad Cee," Morgan teased. "Nick has had time to cool down."

I scoffed, "Yea, well I haven't."

Morgan's brows knit together in confusion, "and you are mad because...?"

"Because Nick already has a kid to raise...ME." I spat peeling the lid from my yogurt and licking the underside, "getting Cat pregnant was super irresponsible."

"Just because she is pregnant doesn't mean he is suddenly going to abandon his previous responsibility," Morgan argued, "besides Cee, everything happens for a reason."

"Could you not go all preacher's daughter on me right now."

Morgan held her hands up in mock surrender, "Sorry, I'm just sayin."

The sound of the front door closing brought our conversation to a halt as Joe entered the kitchen cocking a brow in my direction before greeting Morgan with a smile. "Hello there Morgan."

"Hey, I asked Cee last week if I could stay here when my parents went out of town and she said it would be fine, if it's too much trouble..."

"Don't be silly," Joe interrupted, "it's no trouble, you are welcome to stay anytime." Locking eyes with me he jutted his head slightly toward the hallway before walking out of the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes dramatically at Morgan before setting down my yogurt and following him out. "I know, I'm sorry..." I said starting my defense before Joe's lecture could start.

"We have a VERY important family meeting tonight CeCelia..."

"I know, I completely forgot about her asking to spend the night until she showed up at my locker after school. Things have just been so crazy lately that it slipped my mind, I promise..."

Joe held up his hand to stop my constant string of ramblings, "Morgan is like family, it's no problem that she spends the night...that being said, from now on you ask BEFORE you give the ok, understand?"

I nodded quickly letting out a sigh as I realized I was not in trouble. "Yes Sir."

Joe nodded slipping his tie from his neck, "If you have homework you should get started on it, Nick will be home shortly."