♣ Day 17 - Favorite Quote From Any Anime Character ♣

Day 17 - Favorite Quote From Any Anime Character

"Someone who can't sacrifice anything can never change anything. That to defeat a monster, you have to be willing to throw aside your humanity."

―Armin Arlert

I love Armin as a character. Besides being an undeniable cutie, he's intelligent and strategic, and is kind and caring too. Being a patient and calm person, he's an amazing character of SnK.

And this quote just proves it. There are so many life morals and themes in SnK, featuring love, loyalty, and friendship, but this by far the deepest one I have seen yet. It's emotionally relatable, and can be seen as another message to the fans and viewers of SnK.

What he's saying is brutally honest and true―to change something, you have to sacrifice something. This can be seen throughout history―the Civil Rights Movement, wars and battles, etc. Everyone who wanted to right a wrong had to sacrifice something in order to follow that belief. Countries have to sacrifice lives of soldiers, with families and friends, to defeat the enemy. Activists have to dedicate to their passion by hardly seeing their families and and sacrificing their time. Sometimes, with the biggest sacrifices comes the person's own life.

To protect those you love from harm, you need to become a protector, willing to sacrifice your humanity for their safety. This is why, sometimes, people are shocked when they kill. But they sacrificed their humanity to do so, taking away another human's life to protect their loved ones.

Ah, this is getting deep . . . Good night guys /)◕ヮ◕/)*:・゚✧