CHAPTER ONE

H i s T h i r s t (All Rights Reserved)

WARNING THIS BOOK CONTAINS RATED R MATERIAL THROUGOUT!

C H A P T ER O N E

The room was filled with candles. They were flickering and threatening to go out due to the open glass windows. The white curtains were blowing with the wind softly. It was dark outside so I assumed I must have been out for some hours.

Blood was rushing to my head as I quickly got to my feet and out of the white cotton bed. My skin prickled and I tensed up my body for a fight as quick as a vampire would take out his fangs. I waited... but nothing happened.

"I am not a threat." Someone said in the dark. I tried to pinpoint where he was but he was either really skilled or not here with me at all.

"Than why are you hiding?" I asked finally feeling his presence near the open windows, in the darkness.

"Because you are a threat." He whispered.

I was speechless at his words. No vampire before has ever admitted that to me.

"Do you know what they call you?" The man asked.

"Angel of Death," I answered.

"Do you know why?"

"No."

"Because when vampires lay their eyes on you they know someone is going to die." Again I was speechless. I was that highly feared? Sure I killed many vampires, but only the ones who run around towns and cities killing left and right without control. There was always one or two that needed to be put down.

My skin was tingling, from head to toe which meant this was the vampire's doing.

"I can feel your power from where I stand, don't be so humble. Come out." That seemed to do the trick because a man stepped out from the darkness where the light from the candles could not touch.The dark shadows clung to him like snakes, wrapping themselves around his neck, arms, and legs. I couldn't tell if he was comfortable in their embrace or is being held hostage by them. Finally I got to see all of him.

This man was more than good looking than any vampire deserves. His bluish green eyes burned into mine like gems glittering in the bottom of the sea framed by long black eyelashes. He had shinny black hair long enough to style backward. A pretty shaped nose, almost too perfect, and luscious pink lips. He was also tall and lean muscled, wearing black pants and a white shirt.

"Who are you?" I asked.

He smiled before saying, "I'm your new master. Call me Shade, unless I say other wise."

"Kill me first,"

That made him chuckle and he stepped closer to me. I fought the instinct to run away from him. I was not like other girls, I didn't run away from a fight.

But he wasn't going to hurt me instead he said, "Martha, please get her ready for the event and don't make me wait too long." The door opened and a chubby lady in a maid outfit quickly rushed towards me. I was so focused on her ridiculous maid outfit that before I had time to think she had her arms around me and she was pushing me towards the door.

"She needs to put meat on her bones first, Lord Shade." Martha said in a country accent looking me up and down. Did I hear her right? Lord Shade? I'm being forced to be one a maid to a person part of The Divine Family? How in the hell did that happen? At least he's not part of the main family or something. Probably just a third cousin. Hopefully.

"Feed her then, but don't let her out of your sight. My brother wants me to bring a date to the 'coming out anniversary' party and what better than to arrive with Angel of Death herself." Martha's hands almost let go of me with my title and I looked over to see her pale. As if I was scarier than a vampire!

"Who's your brother?" I managed to ask Shade while being pushed towards the door.

"Young lady you never speak to your master unless he has spoken to you," Martha said in a patient voice.

"It's alright, Martha, she's never been under the system we live in. One of many interesting facts about her." Shade was speaking like I wasn't here which only annoyed me but I held my anger back. Martha gasped at the news and looked at me like I was an alien. What? Was it so hard to think that some people lived in a place without vampires as masters?

"To answer your question, my brother is DiAngelo, the Divine One and the Supreme Ruler of All Vampires." Fuck me. His brother was the king of all vampires and basically all humans. I've learned my lessons not to fuck with the royal family and now I'm part of their maid family. It would have been much easier to escape this place if I was chained and gagged to a chair surrounded by needles. He was lying earlier... he is the threat in the room, not me. He was acting like the big bad wolf disguised as a grandmother and here I was playing the part of little red riding hood. Well this little red riding hood knows 50 ways to skin a vampire.