First LOVE (Picture of Valentina)

Prologue

Valentina's P.O.V

"Oh my gosh, Valentina! Your birthday is in a week's time!" My best friend, Liberty exclaimed.

My name is Valentina, and the story behind my name is that my parent had found out that they were mates many years ago on Valentine's Day itself. Sure, they could've named one of my brothers Valentine or Valentino, but my mother really liked the name Valentina, and so when she had me, she named me just that.

Libby is my best friend like I mentioned before and she is a few months younger than me. She is a tall brunette with blue eyes, extremely gorgeous. And she gets me so well.

In a week's time, it is going to mark the sixteenth year since the day my late mother brought me into this world. On the day of my sixteenth birthday, I am going to be able shift. Into a werewolf. Just like my older brothers and all my relatives and friends above the age of sixteen. I am honestly very nervous after hearing all the stories about how it feels like to shift. "Your bones will feel like they've been smash into billions of tiny pieces, only to be rearranged and put back again. It is the most painful thing," they say. However that was not the only thing I was nervous about.

I was going to find my mate. The only guy that would ever love me wholeheartedly and would willingly die for me. Was he going to be one of those tall dark and handsome guys? Blonde hair blue eyed typical all American? Maybe a mixture between both? I had so many questions that could not be answered until I met my mate face to face.

"What if he rejects me?" that was the burning question. I've been waiting to find my mate for almost all my life and I feared rejection the most. Most of the time mates accept each other but there are a few times when one mate rejects the other. Sure it doesn't happen all the time but still, there's a chance.

Everyone says that when you find your mate, it's like finding the missing puzzle that you have been trying to find and if I do get rejected, I'd be devastated.

Thinking of rejection makes me upset so I clear my head and think all this happy: When I meet my mate, he is going to be the best thing that has every happened to me. He is going to love and for who I am and he is going to care for me all the time.

Just when those happy thought come to mind, I remember how protective my brothers are of me. I have four brothers. Sterling who is my oldest brother and current alpha of our pack. He took over the pack after my father, the previous alpha, died in a war. Twenty-one years old and has a mate who is the same age named Valerie. Scott, my second oldest brother, Beta of our pack. Twenty years old and has a mate who is also twenty and is named Savannah. Rusty, my third oldest brother currently eighteen years of age and has a mate who is eighteen as well and is named Elise. And lastly, Dalton, my twin brother who is also fifteen going on sixteen in exactly one weeks and is obviously mate less because he too is not of age yet.

As the youngest and only girl of the family, they were protective. Sometimes overly protective of me. They never let me go on dates so if I were to find my mate, they could easily not approve and I would never be able to see my mate ever again, so hopefully they approve of him.

---

"Damn why is your brother so freaking hot?" Liberty or in short I call her, Libby, asked as she looked over at my twin brother. She's had this weird crush on Dalton since I don't even know when.

"Woah Libby. I cannot ever think of my brother as hot. That is just plain screwed up. In my eyes, my brother, no, all my brothers are disgusting pigs, but in all seriousness, the three of them are average looking. I cannot deny that as that would just mean I am insulting myself because we have the same genes," I said in reply to Libby but she clearly was not listening. She was too busy staring at my dear brother.

I looked at the car park, where Libby was looking at and saw my brother, Dalton leaning against his car, talking to a bunch of school sluts. You know, the ones that do not even try to dress decently when coming to school.

As I looked closer, I could see Drew standing with my brother. They were both talking to the queen of all the school sluts. Probably discussing a three way. Thinking about Drew, Dalton and the queen of all sluts having a three way almost made me puke. Disgusting.

Drew is Dalton's best friend. He's been our neighbour for many years and is also part of the pack. He is sixteen but mate less. With his good looks and charm, he is popular and like the rest of the popular guys, only thinks of getting into a girl's pants, wherever he can, whenever he can. I used to have a huge crush on him but that obviously ended when he started bullying me on my tenth birthday. He has not stopped bullying me till this day and now when I look back, I wonder what I used to see in him. Besides his good looks and charm.

"Come on, Valentina. Your brother is so hot and dreamy. I would love to get some of him any day," Libby said and I mentally groaned. Turns out she did actually hear what I had said to her previously.

"In my eyes he's not." I left no room for argument as we made our way to Rusty's Porsche. He was giving Libby and I a lift back to our place because neither of us could drive yet. We had to pass by Dalton and Drew to get to Rusty's car and so when we walked pass, I looked over at the pair and I swear I saw Drew smirk at me.

_______________________________________________________________________________________