Chapter Four

June walked down the hallway
that reeked of cologne and sweat, looking past all the murals of bright icy blue orchids that seemed to be dripping through the walls. She turned the corner bumping into people's shoulders as they shoved by trying to get to their first class. Everyone looked so anxious, like they actually wanted to be in school, but June knew it would only take a week for everyone to start complaining and skipping classes just to get out of the boring lectures and chalk dust filled rooms. When June found her class, she pushed open the door and of course she was the last person in the room. Everyone turned their heads and, like always, gawked at her hair. She took a seat in the only empty desk in the back of the room and took out her journal. The final bell rang and everyone, except June, looked up to the front of the class. Mrs. Belle, with her hair pulled up in her tight Auburn colored bun and freshly pressed pencil skirt positioned; she took her place in the front of the room.

She spent the rest of the class period passing out notice wavers and discussing the school polices and her own. The rest of the school day went on like this, boring as usual. June mostly sat in the back of the classrooms doodling dragons and fairies in her leather back notebook and sometimes on the desk. When 5th hour was done June folded up her journal and tucked into her backpack, along with the multiple arrays of colored pencils and binders.

"Hey, I like your backpack" June looked up from her bag and noticed the girl who was standing right in front of her. She had dark brown hair that paired nicely with her light hazel eyes and dirt colored freckles, dotted her face. She had a ring piercing in her nose followed by a light pink diamond stud on her upper lip.

"Oh, thanks" said June, fumbling to put on her backpack strap.

"No problem" she said gleaming her bright white smile, "my name is Olivia"

"June"

"Do you ride the bus?"

"Sadly" June said, leaving the classroom

"Same" Olivia said, nearly knocking over a couple that was making out in the middle of the the classroom. June and Olivia both walked out the large ruble doors leading to were the buses parked. They both entered the sad looking bus that looked like a bruised banana with multiple vomit colored dents scattered across. They were lucky enough to find a seat that didn't have a hole the size of a fist embedded in the tapestry. June place her back pack towards the end of the seat which was positioned in the middle of the bus; Olivia sat right by her. They spent the rest of the bus ride talking about school and how much they both loved art. Olivia had to get off at the hell hole of transportation two stops before June; she waved goodbye and padded down the creaky steps jumping onto the dusty road leading to her house. June smiled and looked up to the front of the bus where the smudge filled mirror showed her own reflection and the handful of others that were still on. She took sharpie and started doodling on the seat in front of her; next to heart with the initials J+C written in the middle and the the multiple arrays of curse words. Coming to her stop, she ran off the bus, bright purple hair flowing behind her.