Chapter Two

June closed her book after finishing her latest entry, wiped her dress off, and walked back to her home. She greeted her Aunt, who was currently on a conference call, and walked up to her room. The white twinkling Christmas lights that hung all over her room made it mosaic masterpiece. The different patterns and shapes coming from her lights complemented her baby blue room that was covered in journal drawings and plastered on quotes. She lay down on her bed and grabbed her school bag starting to pack it with pencils and notebooks. Tomorrow was the start of her final year at Blue orchid High, and she couldn't wait for it to be over with. At school she spent most of her time in class doodling on handouts and on the black painted tables. Once she finished she closed her bag and went to go take a shower; June took her towel and P.J's and headed ito the bathroom. The water beaded on her shoulder blades and on the tip of her nose. She scrubbed her bright purple hair that her Aunt Danielle had recently dyed to start off the new school year right. When she was nice and clean, she plopped onto to her bed filled with pre-school enthusiasm and went to sleep.

          Her dreams were always the same. She was a piece of glass being dropped; 1,000 feet, 500 feet, traveling so fast the wind pounded her glass frame leaving little chips in her body. Then when she finally hit the ground a blood curdling scream would fill her mind and then it would stop. Her mind would be black, an empty void filled with nothingness. All of a sudden a bright light would come, drowning out the void and leaving her in an empty field. She had become a butterfly, but not any butterfly, a glass wing butterfly. The wings were completely transparent except for the faint outline around the edges and the pastel colors of blue and pink oozing on the sides. It was so beautiful, an escape route from her last dream leaving her with happy memories and amazing thoughts. She would fly around to every flower sucking up the sweet nectar from the bright green and gold lantana bushes. Then that was the end of her dream; nothing more than just the paused outline of the glass wing butterfly. That's when her alarm started going off pushing her back into reality.

          Slowing she started to open her eyes and take in the colors and forms around her. She groaned a long sigh and pushed her alarm clock off. Coming to her senses, she rolled out of bed and grabbed her outfit she had laid aside for today. Trudging to the bathroom, she flushed her face with icy cold water and started to put in her bright neon blue contacts. She loved being different, loved watching the stares from the passer byers as she strutted by with her chin high. She found it as a way to gain confidence and be unique in her own personal way. She started by straightening her bright purple hair  brushing through the tangles and knots. finishing up by putting on her shorts, yin yang crop top, and a thick layer of mascara complemented by perfect winged eyeliner. She ran down stairs with her back pack and started to eat breakfast with her aunt, today menu was an assortment of baked croissants and exotic jellies.

"Are you excited for your first day of senior year?" Her Aunt asked spreading on Acai jam on her fresh baked croissant.

"I guess" June said grabbing one of the baked goods. She looked up at the digital clock on the wall and noticed that it was 6:40. She was going to be late on her first day of senior year. She quickly hugged her Aunt goodbye and sprinted out the door seeing the bright yellow bus already at her stop.