Chapter One

Chapter 1

~Veronica’s P.O.V. ~

"As I said you’re too young to let you dance at this big event." Simon scowled me as his fingers run through his temples. I’m just sitting here in front of his desk. I thought he is going to agree with me because I saw the he enjoyed my performance but then when I told him how ‘YOUNG’ I am he suddenly disapproved. I tried to please him but he just keep on saying ‘no.’ I wouldn’t be like this if my mother wasn’t sick. She has leukaemia, stage 3. And I don’t know where to get green pastures to buy her medicines just to keep her alive. I don’t want to lose her. She’s the only one I got.

My mother is my inspiration. I started dancing since the age of 3. She taught me how cause before my mother was one of the greatest ballerinas in our town but when my mother got pregnant by his boyfriend, who is my dad, he left my mom then my mother got down and cried every night. She never tried to dance again at that time. I hated my father since then; I never got the urge or even thought about finding him.

“Simon, I will do anything. I-I can pretend. I’m ready to face anything” I stuttered as I looked down. “Please, I just really need to help my mom” I softly said and looked at him with my most pleasing eyes.

He was about to open his mouth but the door swung opened which made my eyes moved to it. Zayn Malik is here? What is he doing here at this time? “Hi Uncle Si just went here to see you” He smiled and sat on the chair in front of me. I smiled at him and he grinned at me. He’s better-looking in person.   

“I guess we have a new friend here, is she a dancer or something?” He exclaimed as he glanced at Simon. “You’re at my age right?” He quizzed and I looked at Simon and back to him. “No” I shook my head. “I’m only 12” as I said that his eyes widen “Are you serious? You’re a hot 12 years old. If I’m younger I’ll probably court you.” I giggled as I feel my cheeks heat a bit.                                               

 “Well, Okay Zayn meet Veronica Ashton, Veronica meet Zayn” Simon introduced us to each other. Zayn puts his hands out and smiled, I took it and shook hands with him. “You got a very lovely name” He complimented. “And yours are unique” I said and pulled off. Somewhat silence occurred, the ticking off the clock made us realised that no one’s talking. I looked at Simon and he was in his deep thoughts but the he finally interrupted the awkward silence.

“Okay, you said that you’ll do anything so I have decided that you’ll pretend to be somewhat older.” He said which made my jaw dropped. “Zayn no other than you should know about this okay?” Zayn just nodded and shocked too. “Well okay we’re done here. You have a job and the rehearsals are starting tomorrow”

“Thank you so much Simon! I owe my life to you” I was about to hug him but he pulled back and said “Thank you is enough” He smiled. “Okay” I got a bit embarrassed. “Dismiss” Simon exclaimed then I quickly grabbed my bag and headed out. I was just a bit surprised because I didn’t notice that Zayn is walking with me.

“Zayn you scared me. Are you a ninja or something?” I exclaimed then he chuckled. “I’m not a Ninja, I’m Zayn!” He laughed. “By the way can I have your number?” He asked me as pulled his cell phone up from his pocket. “Oh yeah sure” I gladly said yes. Who wouldn’t? I grabbed my cell phone from my bag and we exchanged numbers. “I’ll text you later” He said as he shoved his cell phone back.

We walked and headed to the elevator. It’s just a bit awkward that we’re the only person here, it was quiet but it’s not awkward. We finally got out and went to the lobby. "So I guess, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Ash" He exclaimed as he hugged me. I smiled and awkwardly hugged him back then pulled off. He waved bye at me and buzzed off. Wait, Zayn just hugged me without ME even asking. That’s awesome.

I went back at the hospital and walked back to my mother's room. I pushed the door and sat at the couch. My mom is sleeping. I can only hear the machines that are inserted in my mother’s body. I tilted my head back sighed. Suddenly I felt my phone vibrated so I grabbed and unlocked it.

Zayn Malik:

Hi there pretty! Zayn here xx

Veronica Ash:

 Hi Zayn! :) What’s up? x

Before I can put my phone back he already replied. That was fast.

 Zayn Malik: 

Nothing much, Text you later! I have an interview with the boys right now. Bye xx

I didn't bother to reply, I'm too lazy. Well, I think tomorrow waits for me. This is exciting; I can't wait to meet the boys. I have my own work for my mother. I’ll do anything for her as I said that a while ago. There’s just ‘one thing’ I’m going to lie about my age; this is going to be interesting. I just hope everything will go well...

____________________________

Thank you. Hope you like the first chapter. Do you guys love Cher Lloyd? Cause I love her so much. xx

{Edited: May 21, 2013 by the author}

Author’s Note: Tell me if I need to edit it again. Tell me my mistakes in a nice way. Thank you. :)