Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Things had definitely changed between Lissa and Lucca as the days, weeks, months go by. Her baby bump continuously to grow and swell within her womb and she was bound for another appointment to find out about the baby's gender. She had started to collect baby clothes already and most colours were plainly white with little cute bears and animals sewed in the middle or the top. Her husband had been such a great caring person over the last few weeks as they had began to build up the nursery and had even gone shopping with her whenever she wanted to for baby supplies. Lissa still had doubts deep down in her mind and she knew that it would go away sooner or later; which she definitely hoped so. During their shopping expedition, Lucca had seen a cute massive Mickey Mouse perched by itself on the shelves and he had grinned at her like a little boy in delight. She remembered that she had laughed aloud and the stuff toy had ended up being in their ever-growing pile of cart.

When Lucca was not busy or off-work, they would sit together in the evenings and share quite moments together and spend time doing little activities that would surely not tire-her out as the doctor instructed for her to be on bed-rest in all times as she was nearing the birth. Lissa sick and tired of laying in bed all the time; enjoyed their little time together and not only those times helped them both massively but it also gave them an excuse to talk and get to know each other. Lissa had learnt that her husband liked his coffee strong and black with a few droplets of spoon every now and again but no milk. She also learnt that he enjoyed to play chess; which they'd done during one rainy night and that his favorite colour is dark-blue. Lucca had two younger brothers and twin sisters' along with their parents back in Italy. She longed to meet them but afraid she couldn't utter one word out if she did meet them and ended up making a bad first-impression. Nevertheless, it was only fair for Lissa to utter words out about herself and Lucca had learned her basic knowledge. He learnt that she had slept with her childhood teddy bear till she was fifteen and had out-grown the habit but still carried her teddy bear with her even when she was still in university and it was now here in this house where one day she hoped to give it to her future child whom was about to come out in a short period of time. She also had revealed that her favorite colour is blue; any hue that came from that colour.

As the night worn out, Lucca never failed to assist her to put herself to bed and give her a massage whenever she was in slight discomfort and even kissed her goodbye each night. During these days, he would only be at work for a short time or would be in his study for a couple of hours to get some work done so that nothing work-related could interrupt them during their precious evening activities. Later when she was in bed, she would lie awake on top of the soft mattress and look up at the ceiling thinking that Lucca wanted more than a kiss; she saw the desire and hunger in the depth of his eyes and it never failed for her to see it. Although, Lucca never did it intentionally she knew it was frustrating him to go without sex for a long-time. But as a heavily pregnant woman, Lissa couldn't help but feel insecurities as she had gained a few pounds and seemed as if she had fatten up and had more meat in her bones than necessary. She could only go as far as blaming her hormones and her growling stomach to have such cravings. Perhaps, after she had given birth in the near future she could work-out and loose the unwanted weight but not until she knew that she wouldn't put herself or her baby in danger.

Lissa stopped her scribbling and checked the date for the day. She hadn't realized that the days were going so fast and Christmas was fast approaching. Sadness overwhelmed her as she realized that Lucca was to go back to Italy where he would spend quite a long time to see his family as she knew that he missed them dearly. She couldn't ask him to stay; that was something she could ask of her husband. She knew how it felt to be without family but in a total different way. Ever since her parents' had gotten divorced and Lissa found out that she was birthed by mistake and that she was never supposed to be conceived; her parents' had been forced to marry and had hated each other's guts since. Her mother had finally called off the shots and faced her father with divorce papers in hand and Lissa could not lie the fact that both had been very happy after their separation. She couldn't blame them both for it though; which was the reason why she wanted a divorce in the first place with Lucca. She didn't want to trap him into a love-less marriage where he would grow accustomed to hating her and staying just for the baby. But it didn't matter now, the baby was coming and they were working things out and things were going just the way Lissa wanted it to. Tomorrow was to be a long weekend and they had plans, Lissa tried to grab hold onto the positive memories and drew strength from that. They were going to the beach early morning and watch a movie in the cinema in the afternoon like a normal couple who enjoyed one another's company.