Rainy Day

"Hey baby", Gwyneth said walking over to him and kissing him on the cheek. "What are you doing back so early?"

"Well the reunion was yesterday and I felt like everyone there was more interested in me being famous than me as a human being. So I took a flight out yesterday so I could be back here today."

"Hello Alex", he awkwardly, looking down.

"Hi dad", I answered not making direct eye contact.

"You know we need to talk, right?"

"Yeah, I know but first Gwyneth has something she wants to tell you", I said glaring over at her who was next to Chris giving me a stank look.

"Yes she's right baby. I had a doctors appointment today and that she devil over there called in pretending to be me and cancelled my appointment."

Chris turned to me. "Alex? Is this-"

"That's not all she wanted to tell you. She's actually-"

"Really hurt by this", she cut me off. "I tried my best to be the best stepmom I could to her but she just doesn't like me for some reason."

Was she really going there?

"Chris it wasn't even like that. She's-"

"Alex, stop.", he said cutting me off.

This family has a problem with interrupting.

"We'll talk later. Just go to your room.", he said pointing to the stairs.

I went up the stairs as Gwyneth started to fake cry. Chris comforted her and gave me a look like "you should be ashamed of yourself." I was really considering going back to the old apartment again. Too much b.s.