Waylaid: Chapter Five -Kama

KAMA

Chen gathered the female to himself. She came willingly. The chambers of his hearts pumped at double speed. She felt right in his arms. One of his arms went under her legs, the other around her back as he cradled her body into his chest.

There was no longer a sense of fear in her. Only a hint of uncertainty remained. Chen’s new lifelong intention was to eradicate any sense of doubt from her entire being and replace it with the certainty he now felt about her.

She was The One. He could already feel his soul reaching out and entwining with hers. Her hand resting on his chest. Her five fingers might as well have left a brand on his skin. His life was no longer in his own hands. His body had linked with hers, deciding at the first touch that she was the mate to his soul.

When he first clasped hands with her, Chen saw a slew of images. A brown man with skin like an arbor’s bark. A tan woman with skin the color of earthen sand, much like his own mother’s. He saw Shanti surrounded by a myriad of humans overtime, but she always stood apart from the group. Reaching deeper, Chen uncovered an overwhelming sense of loneliness. He cradled Shanti even closer to him.

He rose with his precious cargo and turned towards the water’s edge. She hesitated, twisting her body in his arms.

Chen sensed distress. He halted his steps. His shoulders slumped. He tried to stop his fingers from digging possessively into her skin. He knew it couldn’t have been this easy. It was too much to believe that he would be able to come down and find a willing woman who he felt attracted to; to find this woman who called to him on a soul-deep level. It was too much to come into contact with a woman who agreed to leave her home planet and travel the galaxy with him after only knowing him for a few moments in time.

Chen knew it was had all been too good to be true. He tried to unfurl his fingers from her supple skin, but they wouldn’t budge.

Words spewed from her mouth. She had a lovely voice. It reminded him of watching a star rise while he stood a top the highest peak of a planet’s mountain.

Chen’s eyes fastened on her lips. He’d felt her desire to press her lips against his. Her desire to have his lips pressed against hers and various other parts of her body. Chen ached to give into her desires. He wanted to communicate with her, to tell her that he would give her anything she desired, but he couldn’t grasp all of her words.

She reached behind them, motioning towards a sack.

Chen sensed an attachment to the sack. “These are your belongings?” he thought to her.

“Yes,” she nodded her head.

“Yes,” Chen repeated out loud, adding a second word to his vocabulary.

She smiled at him. All tension released now that he understood her desire. Chen grabbed the sack and slung it over his shoulder. Then, quickly, he moved to the water.

Shanti tucked her head under his chin and sighed. Chen’s steps faltered as her hot breath hit his bare neck. He pulled her even more closely to him, determined he would never let her go.

She gasped once more when, instead of stepping into the water, his feet tread atop the water. Her eyes were wide as she watched their progress. She tilted her head up at him and began to speak. Her mouth tilted in a mix of wonder. He felt delight shimmer across her skin.

Chen added the word “water” to his vocabulary. It was similar to the word in his mother’s language. He recognized another word she used. He’d heard his mother speak the name of “Jesus” before. He was a human male, a great spiritual teacher.

They reached the other side of the bank where the transportation pad lay. With great reluctance, Chen set Shanti’s feet down on the ground. He was gratified to see that she still clung to him.