That Was Before He Hit Puberty

Chapter one

Charlie's POV:

"Wake up!' yelled Rob as he bounced up and down on my bed.

"Five more minuets" i groaned.

"No! Get...up...now!"He said each word with a bounce.

I opened my eyes and glared at him as he happily bounced up and down on my bed. I swiped my leg under him so that my leg collided with his, throwing him off balance. I watched, smiling, as he flopped onto my bed before he hit the ground with a loud THUMP!! Several of the books on my shelves fell off the wall and landed on him which caused me to laugh.

He let out a deep groan as I leaned over the bed to check on him "you okay?" I asked

He lay on the floor with several books splayed across his chest. Rob slowly opened his eyes to look at me and nodded. He stood up and sat on my bed rubbing his head.

"Why are you always hurting me?" he asked

"Well why are you always waking me up at 6 o'clock in the morning?"

He smiled and said "touché"

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked again "that sounded like a pretty bad crash."

"I'm fine I'm tough" he flexed showing off his scrawny arms.

"Wow! Look at all that muscle! How much weight can you lift?" I asked sarcasm all over my voice

"500 pounds!" he exclaimed in what he thought was a manly voice while he flexed some more. He was showing no muscle but was turning a bit red in the face from the effort.

"Okay stop! You look like your gonna hurt yourself!" I said laughing

"Don't act like you're not enjoying the view" he stopped flexing and winked at me causing me to laugh harder.

"Okay seriously stop!" my stomach was starting to hurt.

"Just admit it. You want me to stop because you were getting turned on by all this!" he motioned to his scrawny body.

I rolled over clutching my stomach laughing as I took deep breaths trying to calm myself down. When I was finally under control I sat up and saw Rob looking at me with a smile on his face."I don't see why my sexiness is so funny to you" I got up and chuckled.

"Ahh... your funny Rob. Really funny." I grabbed a towel and made my way into the restroom "go get ready!" I yelled over my shoulder before I closed the door behind me.

This is why I loved Rob, well as a brother that is, he made me laugh and the fact that he was an overall nice guy but humor is always important.

Rob and I have been best friends since about the first grade when he came into my class as the new kid. He practically begged me to hang out with him< and ever since then we've practically been inseparable. We've been through everything together, except puberty that is but we're eleven so sooner or later it should hit. Although I don't want it to I like the way things are now. I know that as we grow older his parents won't allow him to be over a lot because they'll think we're up to something else. But seriously Rob and I aren't like that at all we're just friends although a lot of people confuse us for being a couple. As kids Rob doubted out friend ship because all the other kids would sing that song about K-I-S-S-I-N-G and the tree crap. I mean I was glad to see they could spell but that song would get annoying. But our friendship went on.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without him. If it weren't for him I'd never have discovered Pokémon, I wouldn't even know who the hell the teenage mutant ninja turtles were, or how fun it is to play with cars. My life would be completely different without him.

Rob's POV:

I watched Charlie go into the bathroom.

"Go get ready!" she yelled over her shoulder before she closed the door behind her.

I smiled at myself as I headed off to the other bathroom down the hall. She's so pretty I thought as I turned on the hot water. I pictured her smiling face in my head as I stepped into the shower. This happened every morning I couldn't stop thinking about her. I liked everything about her.

The way her hair was so curly and a bright red so that it looked like her head was on fire, the way her green eyes would gleam every time they caught my eyes, I even liked her nose. It was one of those button noses that were really cute and hers was splattered with freckels that creeped onto her cheeks as well.

I remember her telling me, on the first day I met her, that people made fun of her looks but even then I thought she was pretty. Charlie and I met in the first grade. I wanted to make a friend so bad I started talking to Charlie. She was the class loner so I figured she would be desperate to make any kind of friend and she was. She automatically claimed me as her BEST friend. For a while I was okay with it until we reached the third grade then I started regretting my decision. At that time the kids started singing that song about kissing in a tree. So I did what I could and Charlie to go away and leave me alone. i know it was mean but i was eight give me a break. either way she didn't. She stuck on to me even more ignoring the other kids' taunts. I didn't know how the hell she did it those kids were annoying.

I'm glad she did though because if she didn't then I wouldn't have had anyone to watch Pokémon with, or the teenage mutant ninja turtles; I wouldn't even have anyone to play cars with.

She was like the brother I never had...wait that sounds weird I mean she's a girl for sure but I meant figuratively. Even though I would love for us to be more than friends I'm sure that's all I am to her and I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship.

Charlie's POV:

By the time I got out of the shower dressed and ready to go Rob was already eating breakfast. He sat at the table with a dark batman shirt on and some light jeans. Rob was very scrawny, lanky, and came off as awkward. He had messy light brown hair that looked like he had never combed it but really it just wouldn't stay down. But what I liked the most about Rob was his light blue eyes because even though he wasn't smiling his eyes were they were capable of showing so much emotion that he couldn't show on his face.

"Finally" he said as I walked in and grabbed a bowl from the cabinet. "I thought you got stuck in the toilet"

I laughed as I sat down at the table and served myself some cereal "it takes time to look this good, Rob." He mumbled something into his cereal that I didn't quite catch. "What?" i asked

His head snapped up "huh? Ummm... nothing I didn't say anything." He said nervously.

"Oookay? Uh did you finish the homework from yesterday?" I asked just to change the subject I didn't really care.

"Yeah it's in my backpack which is somewhere in your room."

Half of robs stuff was in my room and half of mine in his. Why? Because despite the fact that everyone keeps saying we are getting too old we still have sleepovers at each other's houses which are right next to each other. Our parents say we are getting too old but my parents are hardly ever home so it doesn't matter.

"Come on we should get going" I said as I finished my breakfast and put my bowl in the sink. We went upstairs and fetched our backpacks from my room then headed towards the door

"Bye mom!" I shouted as left knowing that she wouldn't respond but still hoping for a bye I return.

***A/N: so there's the first chapter hope you like it ill make it more exciting next chapter but for now I just wanted to introduce the characters. Leave comments and stuff but remember this is my first story so be nice?:)