{Prequel: Sequel?}

*Since everyone is asking for it, I decided to add a special chapter in this book in preparation for my plans of writing a sequel. The sequel idea is still tentative so this chapter will serve as a sneak peek of the lives of the four main characters. Please tell me what you think and I will decide on making a sequel depending on the number of comments asking for it. :)*

~* Kimberly Wales *~

"Kim!! Let's go! We'll be late for the ceremony!"

I heard mom's voice from downstairs, while I'm struggling with the curling iron..

"Just a minute. Hold on!"

When I'm satisfied, I sprinted downstairs and smiled. I saw mom shed a tear as she held the camera close to her chest.

"You look beautiful, honey. I am so proud of you."

"Thanks mom." I smiled, walking towards her to give her a big hug.

"I still can't believe you're graduating already. Time flies so fast. I am so proud of you, honey. I am so proud I have a daughter like you. You grew up to be a very beautiful, strong and smart girl." Mom's words made me tear up, as I hugged her tight.

"It wasn't all me. It's you too, mom. It must be hard for you to be fulfilling two roles instead of one. Being a mother and a father to me. It's a huge responsibility and I can't thank you enough for that. You did a great job. You're also an amazing friend." My tears started to fall when I said this. It's true. Despite me constantly complaining about her cooking, she still did an amazing job. She's the best mom in the world, and I couldn't ask for more.

"Oh stop it you!" She laughed, slapping my arm playfully, "You're getting both of us emotional here. Well, what's not to be emotional about? My baby is going to college!"

"Now mom, I promised to call you every night when I get to Boston."

"Geez, why does my daughter have to be so smart leaving me here all alone while she goes to college?" She hugged me tight. "So which school are you going to? Have you decided yet?"

"I haven't thought about it yet.." Although I already have. Harvard has always been my dream school since I was a kid. I've always wanted to become a lawyer, and I believe Harvard is a great school that would offer me many opportunities.

"What about Troy?"

I frowned the moment mom asked that question. I don't know any of his plans mainly because he doesn't want to talk about it.

"I'll have to ask him that later."

*Ding Dong*

The doorbell chimed, and mom quickly answered the door revealing the one and only flirty.

"Hello beautiful." He smirks, while walking towards me.

"Hello flirty." I replied back, running towards him to give him a hug.

"Awe, look at the cute love birds. Now, run along, we must go we might be late to the ceremony." Mom cooed, getting her car keys from the coffee table.

❤️

We arrived at school ten minutes before the ceremony starts. I scanned the crowd, trying to find Tyler, Miley, Cassy and Terry.

When we spotted them, I said my goodbyes to my mom and sat with my friends. I sat next to Miley and Terry, while Troy sat next to Tyler and Cassy.

The ceremony is quite boring - The names are being called one by one as each student receives their diploma and a handshake from the principal, pictures are being taken, and the valedictorian delivering the speech.