Group

"I have a group. You can join if you want, if not it's your problem." he says from behind me, I'm sitting out on the porch in one of the chairs left over from normal life. "I want to bring them here for a couple days, I could careless what you have to say about it but I'm tellin' you what I'm gonna do. I leave in half hour."

  I turn around to say something but he's already inside slamming the door behind him. Anger flares through me. He doesn't say one thing to me all day about anything and he thinks it's okay to bring more strangers around me that I don't know!

  In about 20 mins he comes out of the house takes the stairs by two, he's down the drive way by the time I'm inside grabbing my shovel and putting the knife in between my pants and belt. I don't even remember deciding that I was going with him but in those last seconds I had.

  Catching up, he gives a glance back then lets out a disapproving grunt. I continue even though he aggravates me so much. I don't even know his name!!! "What's your problem?" I ask obviously angry, he doesn't say anything just keeps walking with his bow at the ready.

  We're coming to the road when we here a bunch of noise on the road, he puts an arm out stopping me and pushing be back so that I can't be seen. "What is it?" I whisper, he looks back at be with a look that says shut up written all over it. He brings his bow up to shoot at whatever it was, I start to lean forward to see what it is, I'm pretty much up against his back when I loose my balance and fall into him, his arrow leaves the bow and misses.

   "God dammit! That could've been fucking dinner!" he yelled at me pointing behind him at the deer running off into the woods. I get up slowly watching him pace for a couple seconds. "I'm sorry, I fucked up okay.." I say looking down at the ground. I couldn't be this hopeless could I? He's going to think I'm just a girl that can't do anything right, but I can, and I will. I have to change to be able to survive in this world.

   "Just stay out of my damn way." he says turning away and continuing down on the road.

     We finally come to a stop on the road, he looks like he's looking for something. He finally finds it, getting off of the road we head into the woods.

  "Keep an eye out." He says over his shoulder. I look around for any flesh eaters, I don't even hear any. It's an eerie feeling everything being so quite. We come to an opening in the woods where there's a stream, he looks shocked. He drops his things, gets his empty water bottle out and goes to the stream to fill it up. I stay where I am keeping a look out nervous to let my guard down. The guy could careless right now, he's splashing his face and cleaning up any showing skin.

  That's when I see it, the deer. Maybe not the same one from earlier but in my head it is. Its about a yard away, I go to say something to the guy but the leaves crunch under my feet. The deer looked up from where it's at but then decides it's safe and continues to graze. The guy's crossbow is a few inches away I grab it and aim. I've never shot one before so there's probably no way I'm actually going to shot the deer, but I felt like I had to try. I steady the bow, I've got the spot that I thought to be where the heart is located lined up to aim and squeeze the trigger. The recoil shocks me and makes me step take a few steps back. He's next to me in seconds, "The hell are you doing!" he hollers at me yanking the crossbow out of my hands but then looks the way I'm looking.

  A smile comes across my face, I killed it! He looks back to me in shock, "You ever shoot one before?" I shake my head no. We both began walking to the deer, he looks down at it then looks up at me, "Great shot."

  "How are we gonna get it back?" I ask him looking back down at it, it's a pretty decent size. He walks a couple feet away and pulls out a walkie talkie from his side, "Rick you there? Can you hear me Rick?" he lets go of the talk button and waits for a response. "Daryl that you?" the Rick guy answers, the group must not be to far because they're still in range of the walkies. "Yeah it's me, I'm here with a girl by a stream." he says. "I seen a stream yesterday, we'll be there in an hour." Rick answers. "We've got dinner and a safe place to stay for the night." Daryl says to the man.

   He comes back over to me, "We'll wait here for them then head back to the house." he says turning back towards the way we'd come. Then he goes back to the stream and begans to filter the stream water. I slide down the trunk of a tree and began to relax with my shovel in my hands.

   I open my eyes to a kid leaning down into my face, I roll to the side and stand up quickly with my shovel ready to attack. The kid has a gun up ready to shoot. "I'm Carl, you need to calm down lady." We both lower our weapons as I look around at the now 15 or less people around the stream.

   A man notices me and the boy, he walks over, "Carl go help Carol with Judith." Carl says while walking away, "Alright dad." I watch the boy walk over to a middle aged woman and take a baby from her.

  "We're good people," the man begans. "but if you bring any harm to any of us, It will be the last thing you ever do." he gives me a stern look. "I don't want to hurt anyone." I reply, I instantly trust these people. I can tell that they've probably had to do bad things for the good of the group but it makes me want to join them.

  "Good, but don't expect us to trust you just yet." he says, "I'm Rick, I hope you don't mind us coming back to the place your staying at for a couple days."

   "Uh names Kylee, no I don't mind honestly I'm afraid to be alone now," I say glancing over to Daryl he's tying the deers legs together and getting it on to blanket that I guess he and someone else is gonna use to carry it. "Daryl says you killed that deer and with his crossbow too." Rick says noticing me looking over at him. "Yeah well if it wasn't for me he would've killed it first, I scared it off the first time we seen it.." I give a nervous laugh. "Well things happen the way they should sometimes." Ricks says then adds, "Come on we need to get back to that house of yours before it gets dark."

   We're on the road in less than ten minutes, then back to the house before I even notice. I try to fall back behind the group because I'm unsure of some of the people, I also don't feel I fit in here. A woman a couple years older than me falls back and walks next to me, "I just recently lost my little sister, I haven't been able to talk to anyone about it, but I know when I need to I have plenty of people I could talk to. I just want you to know that if your gonna be part of us you don't have to be afraid to talk to us. We've all been through shit, there's no way we could ever judge you." the woman says then leaves to catch up with a guy that I guess is her boyfriend. I sigh with a slight smile, maybe I could fit in.

  We make it back just before dark, they start to set up tents and everything. I walk up to the Rick guy that seemed to be in charge and tell him they can stay in the house. They then start to make themselves at home. I go back to the old truck from a couple of days ago and sit in the passager seat while observing the dead monster that tried to kill me.

   I wanted to join these people. I wanted to learn from them. I wanted to survive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        

Alright guys please let me know what you think! Sorry it's been a little while since I updated! And sorry if this chapter is boring! I'm trying! But please Comment and Vote! Thanks for reading! :) I haven't edited yet, I'll do that soon!