Chapter 45- 'Try to stall him without taking your clothes off.'

A/N: Happy new year people hope you had a cracking night! i would have posted this as a new years treat, but i have only just recovered after NYE im not going to lie.

Anyway, hope you like it and thank you to SammySaysSo for the hot banner i love it!

--

“I can’t believe he’s still asleep. Should one of us go and check his pulse or something?” I asked Nate, looking up the stairs as I was referring to Drake who had slept, so far, almost 15 hours straight.

“Already did when I woke up.” Nate replied, walking over to the coat rack and throwing a jacket on.

“The fact you’re such an expert on possible drug overdoses is quite worrying to be honest.” I comment, looking at him. Suddenly, I realise he is stood by the door putting his shoes on and I instantly start to panic “Wait, where the hell are you going?”

“Work, some of us have jobs.” Nate tells me.

My eyes widen and I slam my cup of coffee on the table. I stand up, pulling the oversized basketball shirt down to cover a bit more of my ass. Don’t judge me for walking around the house like this, I’ve only been awake for about an hour and the idea of washing and dressing was just too much.

“You’re going to leave me alone here after everything I told you last night?” I ask in amazement.

“I don’t really have a choice Mia, we’ve got 2 waitresses that are sick and another guys on holiday. I skip work my boss will literally deep fry my testicals and serve them as a special.” Nate informs me.

“I’ve skipped yet another day of school to have this intervention with the mafia member that’s currently sleeping off a possible drug overdose, I’m sure you can pull one sickie!” I almost yell, not believing he was going to leave now.

“Yes, and the only reason you got away with skipping school is because I rang your headteacher today and backed up your dead cousin story.” Nate reminds me, and I smile fondly as I remember my immense lie. I was on a roll yesterday. Nate zips up his jacket “Look it’s only a 5 hour shift. I’ll be back just after lunchtime so we can have this intervention when I get back okay?”

“Oh yeah, because that’s going to work. Tell me Nathanial, when he does finally get up from his pit, how exactly am I going to get him to stay? You know him; he’s going to bolt straight for the door if there is any sign of a rehab session!”

Nate cocks his head realising I had a point “I don’t know just stall him. Keep him here until I get back and just don’t give any signs that he’s about to have a therapy session with Dr and Dr Hastings.” Nate grins, clearly finding this quite amusing. His face suddenly turns serious “And by stall him, I don’t mean any activity that involves you taking your clothes off. Got it?”

I roll my eyes “Thanks for thinking so highly of me bro.”

“Well wouldn’t be the first time you slept with my best friend would it?” he comments looking at me with raised brows.

“No chance of that happening considering the last time ended in a WWE beat down.” I mutter.

“Good.” Nate smiles at me, satisfied my clothes were going to stay on “I’ll be back in a few hours just keep him here.” Nate opens the door, before turning and adding “Fully clothed.”

He shuts the door and I do the most mature thing I could think of.

I give him the Ross Geller ‘Fuck you’ hand gesture from Friends.

--

I told Nate everything last night. I mean everything, from the trip to the hospital detail by detail to the bank robbery to Drake confessing he’s working for his father and this Derek bloke.