My To-Do List - Number 3: If Given a Choice, Go to Heaven, Lex

To-Do List – Number Three: If Given a Choice, Go to Heaven, Lex

I felt the wind running through my hair, as my bloodcurdling scream echoed around the cliff and rang in my ears. I wasn’t falling, nor was I wet, or hurt, was I dead? I didn’t dare open my eyes. What was going on? Maybe God was wondering where to put me. Hell or Heaven? “God,” I shouted, face towards the sky, eyes closed tightly. I was too scared to open my eyes, what if I opened them and my eyes were burned in the sockets? It happened to Pamela in Supernatural. If I was dead, I still wanted to be able to see, and if I wasn’t well – again vision would be needed. “Please, don’t kill me, I love you, I mean I totally believe that you exist, I swear. I love Darcy, she’s like my mom. I know she can be a bit too much but I mean they are amazing, like, at least she didn’t kick me outta the house after Cal. Dustin is great, I mean he’s the brother I’ve always wanted. Dustin can be a pain but it’s okay, I’m okay with it. And well Noah’s just the sweetheart,” I said honestly. I ranted not breathing so it all sounded jumbled up and like one big word together. “I’m sorry, God, I know I didn’t believe you existed but seriously now I do!”

I heard someone say something but I wasn’t paying attention. I didn’t feel cold or warm. “I think I should be falling now, I mean isn’t gravity supposed to kick in and drop me down to my death? You know, gravity? It pulls you down, so you don’t go flying around like you would if you were on the moon? Um . . . God?” I opened one eye and realized my hand was being held by a guy. Not just some random guy, it was Shane. Not. Again. I thought I had enough of him.

He pulled me swiftly onto the ground and I sighed. “Uh thanks,” I muttered.

“No problem,” he smirked cockily, shoving his hands into his pockets. His brown hair was tousled, as usual. His chocolate eyes held a glint, but now that I was this close, they looked bizarrely familiar. I mentally shook my head, not really bothered by it. Maybe it was just me being confused. He was taller than me by a good four-five inches and as much as his scent around me was mouth-watering his cocky grin pissed me off.

I checked to make sure everything was in my hand and I sighed, as my phone rang.

“Darcy,” I sighed exasperatedly.

“Don’t use that tone of voice with me young lady,” she scolded. I ran a hand through my hair in irritation. “Get home this instant,” she shouted.

I sighed. “Yes, okay, I’m coming, it’ll take me awhile I need to catch the bus,”

“Dustin is picking you up,” she said.

“But –”I just didn’t want to be driven home, the longer it took to get home the better.

“No, ifs, ands, or buts,” she cut me off. Her voice rose so that I was holding my phone a few inches away. “He’ll be there,” she said in an orderly fashion and disconnected the call. I sighed and stuffed my phone in my pocket well then, no say in the matter huh? I looked at all of my things, feeling like something was missing. But I had no time to think about what was missing I had to leave. So without even a backwards glance to Shane I ran back to ‘La, La, Shh…’ and got there exactly when Dustin drove up the curb.

Nobody knew about this cliff. I found it during the summer a few years ago. It was nice and calming. So sometimes I’d read, draw or just sit and look at the waves crash onto the crazy rocks and think. It felt good to have a peace of mind, with no one barking at me to do something.

I got home and dumped my stuff in my room, changed my clothes and ran down the steps. Darcy, was slim and fit, her sapphire blue eyes were piercing me with hate, her blonde hair was up in a ponytail. Her arms were crossed over her chest, she was wearing a pair of gray sweat pants and black hoodie. She was really fit for a woman in her mid-thirties, she was a yoga instructor at the local gym. She was tapping her foot. Her voice went up an octave. “I don’t have all day,” You know, it’s weird, I get upset with Darcy, but I don’t blame her. Maybe a part of me agrees with her. Maybe I screw things up. I don’t know. I turned four and Jamie and Liz died, and now Cal dies. I don’t know maybe I’m cursed. Whatever it may be, I know that I don’t blame Darcy, she’s still, in some kind of way, mourning.