To be a Werewolf's Mate...

Sahara POV:

I first meet him while working at the dinner downtown.  He and his friend walked in right at 10:30, closing time. Without acknowledging Kate or I, the only two waitresses working that night, they sat down in the booth at the very back, my section.

I turned to Kate, “Just head home. Mikey and I can close.”

Mikey, the cook, nodded his head in agreement with me.

“You’re sure Sahara?”

“Yes go! John is probably waiting for you.”

Kate had just moved in with her boyfriend of two years. They were madly in love. He still came in to the dinner every day and flirted with her.  Occasionally he would show up at closing with flowers and picnic baskets and take her on a midnight stroll thought the woods. He was the perfect boyfriend, and they loved each other dearly.

She gave me a sly look and yelled as she went out the door, “I owe you one.”

I went to the table at the back. They were both dressed in nice navy trousers and white button down dress shirts. Their ties had come loose, and their shirt tails had come untucked. The looked stressed. The one on the left side of the booth had brown sideswiped hair. His skin was slightly tanned and his eyes were a moss green.  He was muscular without being bulky. The man on the right was much larger. His muscles were much more defined. His blond hair was cut much shorter and tousled up.  He had a small hint of stubble on his chin, and his eyes were also a mossy green. His skin was a tad bit lighter than his companion.

“Hi! My name is Sahara, and I will be your waitress this evening.” I handed them their menus, “What can I get you?”

“Your number.” The one with brown hair informed me and the blond one finally looked up.

His green eyes changed to pale silver for a second before changing back. The second that they changed back they were filled with love and compassion. It made my heart thump, and I had the feeling that if I was ever separated from him from any substantial amount of time I would sink into a great depression. He quickly looked back down at his table. His hands, which were on the table top, began to shake. His friend looked back to him and shot him a glare. “Calm down!” The one on the left whispered urgently. He looked up at his friend. They just stared at each other for a few seconds.

“I just come back in a bit.”  I said to them leaving as quickly as possible, but escape was not that easy.

“No wait, um I’ll have a coffee and …” The blond one said.

“A coke.” His friend finished.

“Do ya’ll know what you’ll have to eat or do you need a bit more time.”

“Ummm, yeah,” The blond one again stared, “I’ll have a Rib-eye, rare.”

“And a peppercorn stake, also rare.”

“Thanks, I’ll be back with your drinks in a second.” I said with a smile,

I turned back around and headed to the counter. “Them boys giving you trouble, Sahara?” Mikey asked.

“Nope but they did order, one rib-eye, rare, and peppercorn stake, also rare.”

“It’ll be right up.”

“Thanks Mikey.”

I headed back to their table with drinks in hand. They were whispering furiously.

“He wants out. God, he has never been like this.” The blond one said in a pain laced voice.

“You can’t let him.” His friend replied.

“I think, I think that she is the one.”

“No, not a measly little human. You’re an alpha. He would never have you imprint on a human.” The friend replied with disgust.

“After the mating ceremony she would no longer be human,” He replied, “and you’re wrong. She’s the one he wants; she’s the one that I want, to run with, to stand by my side, to carry my pups, to grow old with; it her.”

Pups, carry my pups, that was certainly an odd expression. Maybe it was a regional thing.

“So who’s the lucky girl," I barged in to the conversation.

They both looked at me with shocked expressions. "You heard that?" The blond one said.

"Yeah," and then, looking at their horrified faces, I quickly started to backtrack, "I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to pry or anything. Umm here are your drinks."

I quickly walked away. I am so dumb. Why did I have to go and let my big mouth ruin good tips? Stupid, stupid girl, dad is going to be furious.

 I stayed away from them for the rest of the night. Keeping my head down and my mouth closed when I did have to go to their table. They stayed silent too, never once exchanging words. They finished up about eleven thirty, an hour after closing. Dad was going to kill me, but they did leave a fifty dollar tip. I guess that that would have to make up for the beating that would surely ensue.

Ryker (blond guy’s) POV:

West and I had been driving for a few hours. We had been at a meeting for all of the alphas and betas with in the south eastern United States. The meeting had been going well everyone agreed on moving the boarders a little bit so that my pack would be given a bit more room. My pack had reached record numbers, just over 3,000 of us, the largest in the world. I was glad that we were finally being given the land. We had been fighting for it long enough. We had agreed that they black ridge pack, my pack, would be given all of Virginia, and most of North Carolina.

The dive pack had been terrible so far. My Aston Martin while fast was anything but confortable, and 7 hours were not helping.

“Dude, I can’t take this much longer. We gotta stop soon,” West wined.

“We only have 40 minutes left,” He looked at me like I was nuts, “fine.” I told him, pulling off of the freeway and into a little town called Heartwood.

We drove down the road for a little while before pulling into an old fashioned dinner. We walked in and as soon as that door opened the most delicious sent in the world hit my nose.  It reminded me of home when I was little, warm milk, vanilla, honey and just a hint of almond.  My wolf ached for control. He wanted whatever the smell was and he wanted it bad.

West and I went and sad down at a table in the very back. The blond was trying to get her friend to go home early because someone was waiting for her. She ended up leaving and the blond came to our table.

“Hi! My name is Sahara, and I will be your waitress this evening.” She handed up two menus, “What can I get you?”

“Your number.” West replied, always the joker, even with his mate Stephaney back at home.

I finally looked the girl in the eye. The world stopped. My wolf howled in happiness. It was her, the one that I had been waiting for.  Her eyes were dark chocolate brown that touched me to the very core. She tucked a strand of her Carmel colored hair behind her ear.  We stared at each other for a few seconds. I memorized everything about her gorgeous face.  Her light skin was perfect, her lips rosy, and her eyelashes were thick and dark framing her beautiful eyes.

She was my mate, and I would do anything for her.

****Commets or Votes would be really appricated!*****