it was a mistake - twelve

Justin's POV;

"Veronica, you shouldn't be eating that." I said sitting on the edge of the bed taking off her shoes.

"Please, I'm dying for pizza Justin." She whined.

I caved, "Fine, a small cheese pizza but don't blame me when Justin Jr. starts to tell you otherwise."

"Justin for the last time, if it's a boy we're not naming him Justin Jr. okay?"

"Well we should." I grumbled.

She laughed, "Justin, stop it you're making my stomach hurt."

I laughed too, "I'm happy you're smiling. Three months ago you hated me to death."

Her face turned serious and her hands moved to her stomach, "Justin come here."

I walked over and she grabbed my hand, she placed it to the right of her belly button, and I felt a little movement inside her, "Oh my god."

She smiled, "I know, it's the first time he ever did anything like this."

I kneeled beside the bed, not moving my hand, "What if it's a girl?"

She thought for a second, "I want to name her Chanel or Paris."

I smiled, "What if it's a boy?"

"Zac or Vince."

"Really? Zachary?"

"What's wrong with that?" she laughed.

I smiled, "I was thinking something a little more, Justin or Drew."

She laughed, "What? No way is it going to be Justin...but maybe Drew."

"Drew it is then."

"Fine our name options are Chanel or Paris if it's a girl. But, if it's a boy, the names are either Drew or Zachary."

"No, how about just Drew?" I smiled.

She hit me with a pillow, "No."

"Fine, fine, fine. If we must have options."

"I don't want options, I want you." She smiled.

I leaned in to kiss her, and when we pulled away her eyes were still closed. "Veronica, I'm tired of us always playing this game."

Her eyes opened, "You don't think I know that?"

"Let's get married or something."

"Justin, we both have career's, we can't just drop that and get married. You'll lose most of your fans if that ever got out."

"We can get eloped, you know? No one has to know, and no one has to find out."

"Justin, we're the two hottest teens in the biz right now. Everyone is going to find out."

I sighed, "You're right." I paused, "Will you at least consider it?"

She smiled, "Of course, right now we just need to focus on actually being a couple and getting along."

"Maybe we should try counseling."

"Justin, I don't think we're that bad."

"Oh, we are." I laughed.

She hit me with the pillow again, "Oh shut up."

Veronica's POV;

I couldn't sleep. Justin's arms were wrapped around me and all I could think of was how bad I've treated him and how he still seems to care for me. It seems, unreal in a way that someone like him could love me. Despite his flaws, and despite mine, we're cute. We argue, yell, keep secrets, but we'll work on that. I had a sudden urge to call Ryan all of a sudden though. I slipped out of Justin's arms, and they fell limply on the bed. I grabbed my phone and tugged on some sweat pants. I didn't care that it was four in the morning. I liked the cool weather any ways. Especially because we always have hot weather, it was good to go out before the sun came out and baked you to a crisp. I dialed Ryan's number as I walked out my dorm room. "Ryan, I know it's late."

"Veronica?" he said, lazily, "Why're you calling me?"

"I miss you."

"Aren't you with Justin?"

"He's back in the dorm...I just started thinking about you...I needed to hear your voice."

"Veronica, you're playing with my emotions."

"I'm not trying too." I sat down on the bench in front of my building. I looked up at the navy blue sky. "Ryan, we shouldn't have done what we did."

"I know...It was a lot better loving you from a distance."

"Today, Justin asked me if we should get married." I blurted.

He was silent for a while, "What did you say?"

"I said we need to focus more on growing our relationship first."

I heard him breathe out, "Good."

"Ryan, what makes you so attracted to me?"

"Everything." He stopped, "You're body, your smile. I love when you laugh, or when you talk. Or, when you were in my arms, it felt...so right. Like you belonged where you were, and I didn't want to be with anyone else. Veronica, I don't want anyone else but you."

"Ryan," I sigh, "We can't..."

"I know we can't be together, but I'll try my hardest for you to see Justin for who he really is. He doesn't deserve someone like you."

"Ryan, you're looking at it in the wrong way."

"No, you are. Did you ever think that maybe the baby is mine?"

"Ryan, we were safe...it can't be yours."

"Who knows these days?"

"We do, nothing bad happened."

"What if it was mine?"

"Then..." He knew where I was getting at.

"No," he whispered.

"Ryan, that wouldn't be able to happen."

"So you wouldn't abort Justin's...but you'd abort mine."

"Ryan, I don't even know how this is going to work out between Justin and me."

"But you're willing to try!" he yelled.

"Why are we even having this discussion? We're not together and this baby is Justin's. It is not yours."

"You know what Veronica, if I could change one thing about you, I would change the way you think. You think Riley and Justin are done and over with? No, wrong. They're still together; he brought her to meet Jazzy three weeks ago."

"Ryan, this is not funny."

"Who said anything about a joke? You're making a mistake Veronica, and you will risk your dignity, just to be with someone who does not deserve you."

"Swear to me Ryan. Swear to me, right now, that you're not lying to me."

He sighed, "Veronica, I swear on my life. They're still together and you're just too blind to see that this will go on forever."

At that moment, I realized dating Justin in the beginning was a mistake...everything was a mistake.

TBC.

[A/N] 

so you guys can stop asking me, the sequel and the third book have already been done. the sequel is called 'Nothing but Trouble.'  

please stop asking me and just look cause it's annoying to have seventeen different people asking the same question.