ABOUT KUNDALINI ENERGY AND KUNDALINI AWAKENING AND RAISING
WHAT KUNDALINI ENERGY IS?
Kundalini is a dormant energy within most peple.
In Hindu mythology, Kundalini is a serpent goddess who lies asleep at the base of the spine, coiled three and a half times around the first chakra. Her name is Kundalini Shakti, and she represents the unfolding of the divine Shakti energy, the energizing potential of life itself, a living goddess who enlivens all things.
Under certain circumstances, the Kundalini energy awakens and begins to rise through the body, piercing and opening the chakras as she moves in her undulating, snake-like fashion. As Kundalini releases stored and blocked energies, her movement can be quite intense, sometimes painful, and often leads to mental states that seem out of this world.
Circumstances that stimulate Kundalini awakening are many and varied, but are usually triggered by such things as extended periods of meditation, yoga, fasting, stress, trauma, psychedelic drugs, or near death experiences.
Kundalini is a condensed, primal force, similar to the potential energy found in water. When released, it creates a vertical connection between the chakras by opening the subtle channels known as nadi, most specifically, the central channel that moves up the spine called sushumna. If we put water through a small hose at very high pressure, the end of the hose will undulate like a snake. Similarly, the intense energy of Kundalini undulates in the body as it rises through the chakras.
Kundalini can also be seen as a result of the chakras connecting to each other. Theoretically, as the chakras enlarge, the spinning of one can enchance the spinning of the one above or below it.
Kundalini is basically a healing force, but its effects can sometimes be quite unpleasant. Such effects may last for minutes, days, months, or even years.
If you find yourself dealing with uncomfortable Kundalini awakening symptoms, you should:
1) Purify the body. Abstain from recreational drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and caffein, prescription drugs. Avoid food additives, high sugars, or greasy foods. Eat well, especially protein which is generally grounding. Get massage and vigorous exercise.
2) Reduce stress. If you are in for a major spiritual transformation, make time for the necessary changes in your life. You may need to devote more time to your spirituality or health.
3) Find Support. Find other who have knowledge of this experience.
4) Educate yourself. Read about Kundalini, Kundalini awakening,Yoga and learn about Chakras.
5) Treat underlying psychological issues. As Kundalini brings up unresolved issues, this is the best time to deal with them. It will make the ride smoother.
6) Examine your spiritual practices. If you have not been practicing meditation, yoga or some spiritual practice, it may be time to begin. You might need to stop meditating for a while if it increases unpleasant Kundalini awakening symptoms. See what increases or decreases the unpleasant effects.
7) Practice grounding. Kundalini is most difficult when the energy is moving upward without enough energy moving downward to balance. Investigate the possibility of the first chakra issues that need to be resolved in order to give a firmer base. Practice grounding exercise daily.
Resources: Eastern Body Western Mind, Anodea Judith, Ph.D.
Kundalini Research Network, P.O. Box 45102, 2482 Yonge St. Toronto, Ontario Canada M4P 3E3
Find books and learn more about Kundalini energy and kundalini awakening.
REIKI AND THE KUNDALINI AWAKENING
Kundalini Reiki can also help with problems with this energy. It will safely and gently awaken it.
If awakened Kundalini will complete the cleansing and purification of body layers, chakras and energy channels. With additional Reiki energy this process will become faster and smoother. When the body layers are cleansed it will increase our energy vibration and expand our consciousness. By opening the Kundalini the personal development process will accelerate.
The entrance for the Kundalini energy is through the First or Base chakra which connects us to the Earth energy. It runs through the main energy channel and out of the Crown chakra.
The two most basic forms of energy reach the human system from the base and the krown chakra. These two chakras are linked by the Sushumna, which is connected to the rest of the chakras by their "stems".
These stems provide the chakras with essential energy. The Sushumna is at the same time the channel through which the Kundalini energy is stimulated.