Chapter 29: Tell Me Something I Don't Know

Sooooo Tell Me Something I Don't Know is by Selena Gomez & The scene :}

Chapter 29

Tell Me Something I Don't Know

In the next couple of days, Ross and i stayed close to each other, barely taking part in any of the family conversations.

"You guys have been acting weird," Brandon commented one evening. "Is there something... You're keeping from us?" he glanced at Ross untrustingly.

Um.

"Nope!" Ross said quickly. I gave him a quizzical look. I didn't want to lie right to everyone's faces! He smiled and glanced quickly from my face to his hand that was behind his back.

I blinked; it had been such a short, little flick of his eyes that i wondered if i had imagined it.

I looked down anyways and smiled.

Ross's fingers were crossed.

The next day, two days before my birthday, Brenda popped out of a closet and dragged me in before i could shout for help.

"What do you want?!" i asked, her hand cupped over my mouth.

"Shh!" she took her hand off of my mouth and blocked the closet door.

She flicked on the dim light and crossed her arms over her chest. "I know what you and Ross are planning," she said quietly.

"Oh yeah, what?" i asked, trying to look impassive. Inside, i was screaming. If we had been careless enough for BRENDA to listen in, who knew who else could've heard us?! And worse of all, i knew Brenda would somehow blackmail me for something she wanted in exchange of keeping my secret.

But it wasn't that at all.

"You tell them, or i will!" she hissed.

"No!" i flicked her arm.

"Then i will! You're too young to get married!" Brenda clenched her fists. "If you got married now, it could very well be the worst decision of your life! If you got married, what would you do? You couldn't support yourselves. Would you start a family? For crying out loud Jordan, you're not even sixteen yet!"

I slid to the floor. "You dont understand Brenda." tears rolled down my face.

"Well maybe i don't, but i do know that you shouldn't get married! I dont think your mom would want you to get married! Or, Pah, even my BROTHERS!" her eyes widened. "They'll all find out one way or another. It's your choice as to how." she flipped her hair over her shoulder and ran away, turning the light off as she went, leaving me in the dark with tears rolling down my face.

Branches scraped at my face, roots tangled up my slippers and made me trip, but i kept running.

"No one cares," i thought. "No one cares about me. No one cares. No one."

I started running faster, hair flying, painful twigs smacking my face harder with every step.

I reached a giant boulder and collapsed on top of it, my eyes stinging and my feet red.

I sobbed for a minute, then someone wrapped their arms around me, picking me up.

I started to scream and flail my legs, but then the person pressed their warm lips against the side of my cold neck, and i went limp. "Ross," i breathed. "Ross i--"

I turned around and Ross smiled slyly at me. "What happened?" he whispered, playing with a strand of my hair.

I plopped down on the hard, debris covered ground. "Brenda found out."