Chapter 10.

-Last Day-

The boys wouldn't be able to pick me up since they headed to school early. 

I was asked to sit in the audience and not stay at the backstage by Drew, he was one of the people incharge of the assembly. I followed the instruction of Drew and told myself it's about time I watch their performance not from the backstage so I was alright with it. I made my way to the seats in the room and Charlotte waved her hand at me, motioning to sit beside her in the third row by the aisle, she was a good friend of mine but I didn't get to hang out with her much since I go with the boys and we have around 6 classes together but we were good friends.

Me and Charlotte talked about random stuff while waiting for everything to be in place before the assembly could start. The lights started to dim and it only focused the stage.

"Finally." I whispered.

The assembly covered a whole lot of boring. Speeches from teachers, students and people I don't really recognize. Later did I know, I fell asleep.

"Wake up!" I heard Charlotte laughing and she nudged me with her elbow.

"Oh shit, I didn't know. Did One Direction sing already?" I laughed with her.

"Nope! They're up next though." Charlotte informed me.

I looked at the stage and one of the teachers just ended her speech.

"Thank God." I commented. Clapping my hands as she made her way down the stage.

"Thank you, Ms. Wilson for that message." The emcee walked towards the stage.

"And now! For the much-awaited performance,  here is One Direction." he announced.

All I could hear were screams and hand claps from everyone in the room as they position themselves like how they practiced it. 

No one knew that this was the boys' last year. I was speechless with their performance and everyone sang along to the songs. I was screaming my lungs out, joining everyone. I noticed Harry was looking at me throughout the songs they were singing, giving me a wink every now and then. 

The performance was finally over.

"Thank you so much!" Liam said.

"But we have news for you guys!" Niall shared.

"Good news AND Bad news, what do you want first?" Harry asked.

The audience wondered and some answered bad news but majority said good news first.

"Ok then." Louis started.

"We're still starting with the bad news, either way. This is our last year in Southville High." Zayn announced. You could hear the loud gasps from the audience. 

"The good news is..." Liam said.

The noise in the room started dying down until it was completely silence.

"The good news is, we have been signed to Simon Cowell's record label!" Louis screamed.

Everyone was happy! Screams, claps and standing ovations were given to the boys as congratulations.

"But wait wait wait! We have another special announcement! Harry?" Louis interrupted.

"That is right, Louis. Thank you." Harry said. As the boys moved to the side of the stage, leaving Harry in the center.

"I am going to sing a song and it's dedicated to my one and only. You know who you are. This is one of the ways I am going to thank you for being there for me." Harry announced. The audience whispered to each other, wondering who it was.

I froze to my seat and Charlotte looked at me, laughing once again.

"Are you okay? It's like you've seen a ghost." Charlotte commented.

"No, er, uhm. Harry..." I answered followed by an intense blush on my cheek.

"You're his one and only?! Oh my gosh, that's so sweet!" Charlotte said happily, hugging me after. 

"Hit it!" Harry commanded.

The intro of the song 'Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars' started playing and I couldn't help but blush. 

"Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shining. Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying. She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday." Harry sings, looking at me.

"Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment her, she won't believe me. And It's so, it's so sad to think that she don't see what I see..." Harry continues. I zoned out. All my focus was on Harry.

I jumped from my seat as Louis grabbed my hand asking me to stand up. The attention was now on me. 

"Louis, what? No!" I commanded.

"Come on, Alexa. We have a surprise for youuu." Louis sang.

"Come on stage!" Liam, Zayn and Niall mouthed with their hand gestures.

"GO!" Charlotte said as she pushed me up my seat.

"UGGGGH. What shit is this, Tomlinson?" I groaned.

I stood up from my seat and Louis guided me to the stage then followed by Harry who was approaching me.

"Oh my gosh, stop, Harry. Please, I'm too shy." I whispered to Harry while he sings. 

Harry grabs my arm and attempts to pull me in the center but I pull back.

"But everytime she asks me, "Do I look okay?" I say..."

Louis carried me to the center and Harry grabs my hand.

"When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change, 'cause your amazing just the way you are." 

Throughout the song, Harry serenaded me and all I could do was look down so the audience wouldn't see my oh-so-tomato face. I was extremely blushing. The screams from everyone made me giggle. The song was finally ending and I had a bit of a relief.

"And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while, 'cause girl you're amazing..." Harry stops singing and snaps his finger.

"Alexa! Alexa!" The 4 boys called my attention and pointed at my back." 

To my shock, the curtains open. There was a gigantic sign that said "Alexa, will you be my girlfriend?" My mouth has formed an 'o' and I covered it. The crowd went wilder than ever. They we're jumping up and down. 

"...just the way you are." Harry sang once again, finally finishing the song and he rested his forehead to mine then pulling away.

Niall, Liam, Louis and Zayn went in front of the stage and waved their hands in the air as a signal for the audience to keep quiet; finally, the audience did and the 4 boys went behind Harry, smiling.

"Alexa Johnson, will you be my girlfriend?" Harry asked, with a nervous look on his face.

I looked throughout the room, eyeing Charlotte and I saw her mouthing a 'yes'. Everyone's eyes were on us and quiet, trying to wait for my answer. I looked back at the boys behind Harry, they had reaching-the-ear smiles which made me giggle. I held to the locket that was around my neck and looked at Harry who was holding the microphone infront of me, waiting for my response.

"YES." I answered.

The room was once again filled with screams and I jumped onto Harry, giving him a hug, burying my face to his shoulder. Harry's arm was around me for support while the other one was pumping in the air, as a sign of victory. 

---

I will update again soon!

I find this chapter so cuuuuute, I hope you guys liked it!!!

Dedicated to Chayi (shadowroses) because she made a story for me for my birthday <3