chapter 42

I swear to Jesus if I get one more comment about how I'm copying another story then I'll freak.. I know I've only gotten like two comments (sorry I tend to exaggerate) but it makes me so mad, especially because I work so damn hard on this book everyday. Sorry for my rant, but ugh. Anyways, I hope you all LOVE this chapter as much as I love each and every single one of you!! ;)

Lacey

I slipped the navy blue, satin material over my body. "You look amazing, Lacey." Charlotte said, before starting to french braid my ash blonde hair. I smiled lightly, the anxiety pumping through my veins. Tonight, the pack would find out that I am pregnant.

"I'm so nervous, Char. I don't even know why. It's probably just these stupid pregnancy hormones." I said, before slipping on a pair of crystal earrings.

"You'll be fine, sweety. The pack will be overjoyed, trust me." I nodded at her reassuring words, trying to calm myself down.

    Soon enough, we were walking down the long, spiral staircase and into the dining room with Charlotte. She grasped my forearm, rubbing soothing patterns once gasps from the pack members echoed across the large room.

I hesitantly looked up once I walked onto the stage, my heart fluttering when I saw Xavier with his arms out for me. I smiled lightly, being soothed at the fact that Xavier was there. His scent washed over me went I wrapped an arm around his waist, and he kissed my forehead. I giggled when small awe's from the women were murmured throughout the crowd.

"Go ahead." Xavier mumbled into my ear, nudging me forward. I took a deep breath, before intertwining my fingers with his longer ones. He rubbed my hand again, whispering loving words in my ears. I then grabbed the microphone, my heart slamming against my chest.

"As you can tell, I'm pregnant with Xavier's children." I said proudly, my voice quite small. The hundreds of pack members whistled and clapped in joy, making my heart swell. I was so lucky. I looked out in the swarm of people, smiling even more when I saw Xavier's mum and father with happy tears welled up in their eyes.

We celebrated for the next hour, as Xavier and I spoke to all of his family members and friends. It was truly amazing to speak to everyone that Xavier and I had grown to love and care for so much.

As I was talking to my brother, I felt a soft tug at my wrist. I immediately knew it was Xavier, because of the pleasure filled sparks that left tingles on my skin. I looked up at him with a confused face, my heart dropping when he lead me back on the stage.

I stood there awkwardly, playing with my hands as everyone went silent. A few seconds later, Xavier bent down slowly so that he was on his knee. He grabbed my hands, rubbing in circles before clearing his voice. My throat went dry, and my heart slammed against my chest unnaturally fast.

"Lacey Iana Sanders, you have made changed me, so much. I know what love is because of you, and I know just how fast my heart beats for you. I will never get tired of your soft touch, or comforting words, or how you giggle when I do something ridiculous. I will never get tired of you singing, or humming to me when we fall asleep. I will never get tired of the way you press those soft lips of yours to mine, or the way you scrunch your nose when you read. I will never get tired of your unruly, soft hair that I have grown to love too much or those tiny little freckles that dot your nose. I genuinely love and adore everything about you, my little mate. Please take my hand for the rest of my life to be my best friend, lover and wife. I promise to always protect you and our children, yet make sure that you feel appreciated and wanted at all times. Lacey, will you marry me?"

I felt butterflies fill my stomach, and my eyes start to burn with tears of happiness. I nodded slowly, unable to speak. I then choked out a small yes, before tears streamed down my face when he placed the beautiful ring onto my finger.

I then felt my mates strong arms wrap around my waist, making me melt. I immediately embraced him back, while crying into his chest. He murmured words like, 'I love you' and 'thank you so much' into my ear. I pulled back, pressing a full, long kiss to his soft lips while the pack cheered.

Xavier

I was about to propose to my little mate, and nervous was an understatement.

I took a deep breath, my heart feeling as if it were about to beat out of my chest while i hesitantly yet softly tugged at Lacey's wrist while she was talking to Bryce. She looked up, her eyes filled with confusion and concern at my nervous expression.

I intertwined my fingers with hers, and lead her onto the stage. At this point I could hear her rhythmic heartbeat. Just a moment later, I cleared my voice and bent down softly so I was on one knee. I grabbed her hands once more to try and soothe both her and I. Lacey's emerald eyes were large and her beautiful, plump pink lips were slightly parted.

"Lacey Iana Sanders, you have made changed me, so much. I know what love is because of you, and I know just how fast my heart beats for you. I will never get tired of your soft touch, or comforting words, or how you giggle when I do something ridiculous. I will never get tired of you singing, or humming to me when we fall asleep. I will never get tired of the way you press those soft lips of yours to mine, or the way you scrunch your nose when you read. I will never get tired of your unruly, soft hair that I have grown to love too much or those tiny little freckles that dot your nose. I genuinely love and adore everything about you, my little mate. Please take my hand for the rest of my life to be my best friend, lover and wife. I promise to always protect you and our children, yet make sure that you feel appreciated and wanted at all times. Lacey, will you marry me?" I finished, my stomach feeling as if it were twisting.

Just a few seconds later of complete silence, I noticed tears filling her breathtaking eyes. She nodded, murmuring a quiet 'yes.' My wolf howled and cried in joy, and I felt tears filling my eyes as I placed the ring onto her finger.

I then stood up, craving my mates touch as I wrapped my arms around her petite waist gently. "I love you so much," I cried. "Thank you." She sniffles, wrapping her around back around me as we stood in embrace. She then pulled back, a small smile gracing her mouth before pressing a long, hard kiss to mine.

Let's just say after that was one of the best nights of my life...

~
Oohh ;) (sorry for another authors note lol!)

& I cannot believe this book is coming to an end... Only a few more chappies :')

Holy crap.

2m reads? IM CHOKING GUYS IM FORREAL CHOKING HOW DID THIS HAPPEN.

anywhoo thank you so so much!! I love you all so so so much times a million. (Never forget that)

-Corinne