Surprises...

"Cherry time for breakfast" Mom said 

I woke up than rushed down the stairs, "What did you make?" I questioned her. 

"Wattles" she answered 

I glared at her "What kind?"  

"Chocolate chip, just how you like it."  

"Oh goody!" I exclaimed. Sometimes I can act like the most stubborn 4 year old... I sat at the kitchen table. My smile turned into a frown when I heard my 20year old brother come down the stairs... 

"I just heard my 3 favorite words, Chocolate-chip-and wattles so here I am" He added 

"Oh great, I'd rather settle down for blue berry waffles instead" I rolled my eyes 

"You know I don't do fruits Charity, it gives me nightmares." He shivered 

"Mom I think I'll skip breakfast for the day, so see you after school." I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door, when I arrived at school I saw the most repulsive creature around, Lexi. Shes the most popular girl in school. Also a bully. Why did I have to have a locker right next to her?! 

As I walked toward my locker she took a glance at me and said " Is it me or, does her shirt totally clash with my strawberry lipstick?" 

After that comeback I felt someones hand pull me away from those creatures. I took a brief look at the person and it was Roberto Princeton. My best friend kinda, I guess you can say that everyone has a huge crush on him. The girls even call him "Prince Roberto" even. 

"H-hi Prince- I mean Roberto," Lexi flirted "Do you, by any chance have a date to the prom tomorrow?" 

"Yes I do, I'm going with Charity." He then held my hand and I blushed 

"Why her? I mean when did this happen?" She said nervously 

"Just now, I made my choice." He answered.  

I really don't know why he is so admired. Is it his charming British accent or his "dazzling" good looks. 

We walked away 

"Um,Roberto why me why would you want me to go to the dance with you?"  

"Why not? You are the most prettiest girl in the school, besides what are best friends for?" He said, stroking my long, dark brown hair. 

My eyes widened, why was he flirting with me? Does he like me by any chance? "Me? Pretty?" Roberto you got to stop with the flirting. 

The bell rang. 

"Well, off to class." He walked away and I followed him, when I walked in the room everyone stared at us, like we were infected with this disease or something... "I'm loving all the attention, its not disturbing us at all." He said sarcastically than sat in his seat. Hes not that type of guy who takes all of his popularity for granted. Hes really nice to me sometimes. I love him like a brother, we've been friends for what 16 years now. Not to mention we are both sixteen now. Technically we've been friends forever!