*24. Derek and I

“What do you mean you’re leaving for awhile”? Repeated Derek his voice dangerously low and rough. It washed over me, raising Goosebumps on my arms and the back of my neck. I remembered the same voice whispering in my ear when we made love. As if on cue a blush made its way from my neck and across my face. I shook my head and glanced behind them, trying to remember that we were outside while trying unsuccessfully to forget the fact that I just called what we did making love.

Clouds hung low in the late afternoon outside as my eyes drifted over the sky. It seemed like it might rain. “I am visiting my parents”. I finally answered after what seemed like forever.

As if in sync both guys seemed to step back as an air of calmness overcame them, I guess they were relieved that I wasn’t ditching them and hightailing it out of town. I almost smiled at the thought.  Why they would care was beyond me but oh well, as of lately these two have been acting weird.

“In the hospital?” asked Garrett hesitantly, he seemed uncomfortable with my answer. As if he was expecting something different. “No, in the graveyard” I answered sarcastically as I pushed past him and walked on. I was half way down the stairs when a hand wrapped around my upper arm and stopped me in my tracks.

Where else was he thinking I was going? To a frat party? Unabashed anger washed over me as I struggled with him. I didn’t know who I was angry at or even why but I just was. His uncomfortable posture and question seemed to tick me off. As if I was a new case to deal with. And I probably was, given our history and the fact we slept together throw in mixture of his reputation and it was prone to be an uncomfortable situation. It wasn’t everyday that a guy like him dealt with an ex mate whose father was in the hospital. But neither did I.

“Gracie please wait I didn’t mean it the way you think” came his voice. I could hear his sincerity in the apology. I nodded ready to apology too, knowing my anger was misplaced. I blame it all on what has been happening as of lately. The attack and its aftermath s well as the restaurant and now this with Garrett and Derek had me shook up and out of my element.

But his next words shocked me. “You shouldn’t drive all the way up there alone Gracie, let Derek come with you”. He said as he turned me towards him. I was shocked not only because he was suggesting that I go up there after his initial reaction to it but also because he was adding Derek to the equation. If anything I would think he would want to come.

I was sure my eyes were as wide as saucers and betrayed my every thought but I didn’t care. I stared at him incredously. He chuckled and reached out to caress my cheek with his hand. “I just don’t want you to go up there alone, and I hear it’s supposed to rain”.

Derek nodded along and reached down to take my overnight bag from my hand. I resisted ready to launch into a speech of how I was fine to do this by myself. But his warm hand grasped mine. Caressing my knuckled and probing my fingers open. I relented after a minute glad although I wouldn’t say it out loud that they were there. Because if I was being honesty with myself, all I wanted was to curl up to a warm male body and fall asleep.

I slid inside of Derek’s Jeep Compass a few minutes later as he closed the door behind me. I grabbed the seat belt and tried not to think about how this was wrong and I shouldn’t have been doing it.  Trying to stay away from these ex mates of mine was proving harder than it would seem. But it was as if my body was betraying me. It wanted all that my mind didn’t and the fact that I was in heat wasn’t helping either. Even though the heat wasn't as strong as it could have been if I was mate less it was still feverish and burning hot.  It was as if I was a horny teenage boy because every time I looked at either one of them all I wanted was to strip them naked and go for a ride.

They stood outside for a second and I watched through the rearview mirror as they talked. Each devastating sexy in their own way, images of the night we spent together flashed through my mind. I couldn’t seem to stop blushing as I remembered everything from the way we kissed to the way they slid inside of me.