Chapter 7

Chapter 7

If you don't believe in ghosts, you've never been to a family reunion. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Leah

Walking into my parent's suite, my heart is beating hard against my chest.

Chris and I walk into the door to see my family all sitting in the seating area of the room in listens as classical music played around us. As they see us enter the room they are all up from the seats welcoming... Chris.

"Christian! I thought you'd never get here" Jessica said coming over pecking him on the cheek

"I didn't realise we were late. Mr Anderson, Mrs Anderson" Chris shook my father's hand and kissed my mothers. No one had even looked my way let alone said, hello to their daughter that they haven't seen in five years.

"Christian, you look well my dear. How is you mother?" my Mum said.

"She's great thank you. She and my family are all very excited about the week away" he said.

Wait, he's families coming too! I was going to meet his family? Great I thought. I bet they are all just as perfect as he is.

"I thought you were all woke no play, Christian and here you are taking a week off" my father said

"Well I have a good team behind me and I believe they are more than ok looking after things. I trust them" he answered with confidence but i could tell that it was going to be hard for him to be away from the business for that long.

"Well that's good, you need trust in life" my father said slowly looking over at me.

I still stood in the same place when I first came in and no one had looked my way.

Until now, that was.

Everyone looked over at me, at once. I felt cornered and more nervous than I ever had been in my life. I wanted my family back but then again I know it will just go back to the way they used to be. Just being ignored all the time... but when something went wrong I was the reason why.

Everyone stood silent for a moment before I walked forward.

"Hello" I managed to allow the faint sound to pass my lips.

"Well look who it is, James. Are long lost daughter has come back to us" my Mum said in a rather imitation of what a loving mother would sound like.

"I would have come back if I knew I was wanted, Mum..." I said before my father interrupted me.

"We have company Leah not now. Let's just have dinner, with no drama, yes" he said looking at me with a warning glance.

Oh because I was the one that made the drama right! I thought sarcastically. Instead of jumping on impulse I nodded. Yet I couldn't bring myself to smile at him. I was never good at fake smiles.

"Dinner is ready, sir" a maid said coming into the room.

"Shall we"

We all made our way through the suite to the dinning room where room was all landed out in a dramatic fashion for a simple family dinner. Yet again my family never really did simple.

I always hated the food they ate. Nothing was ever simple and easy. I'm so glad I ate before coming. All I needed was Chris to wittiness the comment my mother always liked to make about the amount I eat or the way I eat.

I'll just play with the food enough to make it looked like I joined in. Not like any of them would notice anyway.

I was sat facing Chris and Jessica, with my parents on both ends of the table. The dinner table was a large rectangle. Everyone was so far apart.