Cupid & Psyche

PROLOGUE

Breathe in, breathe out.

Okay. Just breathe! My gosh!

He is just a guy…

A normal, ordinary, teenage guy. But why is he so all over me?

You know what happens when you seriously had too much admiration to one person? You end up falling in love with that person. And once that love becomes deeper, trust me… it will be deadly painful.

I was walking back to our classroom when I leaped to the sound of the school bell ringing. I tried to move faster as doors started to open and students went out of their rooms. My heart was beating so fast that I almost felt like running. I stopped in the middle of a growing and rushing crowd of students. And then… that’s how it happened…

Time stood still and

There he was, standing beautifully outside his classroom smiling and greeting some of his friends. Could anything be more perfect than this? As he gracefully said farewell to his friends he turned towards my direction and a warm smile crept on his face. My heart once again took its action and the world played in slow motion. I felt the air in my lungs would no longer function.

Oh my gosh! He smiled at me! I blinked as I tried to get back to reality.

 I look again at his direction and he waved at me. I wanted to slap myself but I couldn’t move in sheer disbelief that he actually noticed me. Then he began to walk towards me! I grasp my jeans hard as I tried to compose myself and act normal. When he was closer than ever, I managed a smile on my face just like his but then…

 He walked pass me.

My smile slowly faded with the thin air. I looked back to see that he had greeted a different girl. Of course, how could I ever think that he might actually notice me? He would never look at someone like me.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Just turn your back and walk away.

And so I did.

I realized that a simple crush on someone could also break a heart into half. It’s just an infatuation. I know. But what’s harder is to realize that the person you actually fell in love with will only be just a crush.

After that I promised myself that from now on I will never fall in love with Cupid again.

This is the story of a girl, who cried a river and drowned the whole world. Oh—don’t believe it. That was just a metaphor and a line from the song “Absolutely” by Nine Days.

Anyway, this is the story of a girl who tried to fall out of love with Him.