Chapter Eighteen♥

Dedicated to nikkilawls for the amazing banner on the side! Thank you!

              It was raining outside.

          I could hear it tapping gently against the window, the sound lulling me back to sleep and making me feel even warmer. I always loved falling asleep to the rain, those moment when you woke up in the earliest hours of the morning before closing your eyes and allowing the rain to be your lullaby as you drifted back to sleep.

          Just as my eyes began shutting, I felt something stir behind me. Legs were tangled in mine as the body that had been keeping me warm all night shuffled even closer to me. Jared’s muscular arm draped over the curve of my hip so that his palms rested gently on my stomach. His nose brushed against the back of my neck before he placed a gentle kiss on the smooth skin.

          “Are you awake?” He asked tiredly.

          His morning voice was amazing, all throaty and husky.

          I stretched slightly and readjusted myself so that his chin could rest on my shoulder, “Sort of.”

          Jared chuckled, his hot breath tickling my cheek as he kissed the sleeve of the t-shirt I’m wearing. I was still groggy as I turned around so that I could face him. Jared must have fallen asleep before he could back to his room last night, we had stayed awake talking for a while, and I couldn’t remember exactly how we had ended up in our cosy positions, we must have just drifted off.

          It felt strange seeing Jared in the morning. My cheeks flushed as my brain seemed to register the fact that Jared and I had shared a bed, although all we had done was kiss, sharing a bed felt very intimate.

          Jared’s eyes burned into me, a gentle appreciation in his green orbs.  I flushed under his intense gaze, suddenly aware that I was completely bare faced without a speck of makeup.

          “You look very pretty in the mornings Miss Rochelle.” Jared smiled, as if he could sense my insecurity.

          I laughed softly, “Thanks.”

          If anyone looked good in the mornings, it was him. His hair was messy, falling into his eyes and sticking out in various directions. He reached up to rub his eyes as he stretched slightly, making his t-shirt ride up to reveal his toned stomach.

          “I hope you don’t mind that I crashed here last night, I promised myself that I would just close my eyes for a second, but obviously that didn’t happen.” Jared apologised sheepishly.

          “Obviously.” I smirked, my eyes falling down to the arm that was still wrapped around me. Jared followed my gaze but he only smiled and tightened his hold on me.

          “Not my fault if you make a very good pillow.” Jared shrugged, a smirk on his lips.

          “Oh, I’m glad I could be of service.” I joked and he chuckled.

          His raised his hand and reached forward. His fingers traced my cheekbone lightly while his smile was replaced with a frown. The memories of last night washed over me, the loud smack as my Mum’s hand collided with my cheek, the fear on my sisters face when I walked through the front door and the numbness that I had felt as I had ran as fast as my legs could carry me, wanting to get as far away from the Mum that I had barley recognised.

          “It looks sore.” Jared winced, as if he could feel my physical pain.

          “Does it look bad?” I whispered.