Chapter Twenty Four

Axel’s POV

“Bye, Mr. Lavigne. See you later.” Valerie said before giving me a kiss on the cheek. "I love you."

“Bumaba ka na, baka may makakita pa sa’yo.” I said in an even voice.

She opened the car door and got out. She waved at me before turning around, I watched her head to the building’s entrance and only drove off when she finally got inside. Araw-araw siyang sumasabay sa akin papunta sa trabaho. I drop her off in front of the building and drive to the parking lot to park my car. I didn’t want anyone to see us together. Mapapagusapan kami kung palaging makikita ng empleyado ko na kasabay kong pumasok at umuwi si Valerie. Tristan and Jaime would fucking kill me if they find out that we were living together. At work, she was just an employee. Outside, I don’t know…  

 It had been a week since she moved in with me. The whole house always smells of vanilla and peach. My bathroom cabinet was filled with her beauty products. There were pink fluffy pillows on my bed and pink things scattered all over our room. She takes too long in the shower and putting on makeup. She tortures me with watching those stupid shows like Keeping up with the Kardashians in our room before we sleep.  She likes to sleep with a nightlight on while I don’t. Marami pa kaming hindi mapagkasunduan ni Valerie. But despite all that, I have to admit, I like having her around.

I like going to sleep at night with her next to me and waking up to see her right there. I have learned to appreciate the smell of her vanilla scented perfume. Siya ang nagluluto ng breakfast at dinner. Siya ang nag-aayos ng susuotin ko tuwing umaga. She made my place feel, I don’t know, homey.

Hindi na din ako lumalabas at pumupunta sa mga club katulad ng dati pagkagaling sa trabaho. Hindi dahil sa pinipigilan niya ako.  All of a sudden a quiet night cuddled up next to her while she watches those stupid fucking tv shows were more appealing than drinking booze and making out with random women at a club.  Feeling the warmth of her body against mine was more satisfying than having myself buried in another woman’s pussy or mouth.  There were no sex involved between me and Val, be it oral, anal or vaginal. It wasn’t something I was used to. Women to me were only there for sex, and sex only. And what was happening between us… it was a territory that I had vowed never to explore.  

I didn’t want any form of intimicy with her. Pero iyon ang nangyayari.  I needed to stick to my guns. I would never fucking want or need a woman for anything other than sex. I couldn’t take the chance of getting emotionally close to Valerie. I couldn’t let that happen.

Valerie’s POV

It was already seven in the evening. I turned off my computer and leaned back to my seat. Tapos na ako sa trabaho ko which means magkikita na ulit kami ni Axel. Just as I was stretching my arms, my phone suddenly rang. A wide smile spread over my lips when I saw Axel’s name on the screen.

“Axel.” Nakangiting sabi ko ng sagutin ko iyon.

“Huwag mo na akong hintayin. Mauna ka ng umuwi. I called a chauffeur to drive you home. Hinihintay ka na niya sa labas.” Axel said. Before I could even open my mouth to say something, he hung up the phone.

I let out a deep sigh. My relationship with Axel only progressed in tiny increments. Sure, he let things go my way but he was still distant and cold. Kahit nasusunod ang lahat ng gusto ko, he never let that invisible wall between us fall.  Kahit ano’ng lambing ang gawin ko sa kanya parang wala pa rin sa kanya. Kahit katabi ko siya matulog, kahit palagi akong nakadikit at nakayakap sa kanya I never got any response from him. It was as if I was always cuddling a rock.