Introduction

Note: Do keep in mind that this story is unedited, and the current form is a very ROUGH DRAFT. This means that some scenes have not been revised or removed on Wattpad. 

Dedication: "To my siblings. I blame you for being a distraction when I need to write."

Introduction

What was wrong with me?

That was the one question that kept swirling around in my head as I tried to come up with a good excuse as to why I was caught asleep in the Sex God, Jace Collins' backseat. I mean, which sane teenager would do that? Not me, or so I would have said a few hours earlier today. And here I am, sitting upright in the backseat of Jace Collins' car as he swore profusely because I had screamed out to stop while he was driving home.

And yes ladies and gentlemen, this is how my life begins.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" Jace yelled.

I cringed slightly then attempted to wipe off the drool that had formed at the corner of my mouth. I suppose the drool really formed because of the hotness that was Jace Collins but to be honest, I was one of those few loser girls that still drooled slightly when she slept. And no I'm not trying to stalk Jace because of his hotness. I had better things to do, like trying to convince my wannabe rocker of a father that at forty-nine, he really needed to give up on the idea of forming a band.

"I uhm..." I trailed off before pointing to my head, "sleepwalking...uh...boo?"

Jace narrowed his eyes at me from the front seat before snapping, "Who the hell are you anyway?"

And here's the other thing you should know about me. I'm not that popular. Heck, I could pass for one of those low-radar sorts of girl, the kind that just moved through high school as a ghost. So of course the resident bad boy Jace Collins would not ever in his mind ever recall that we've shared all but one class together since freshmen. But I wouldn't hold him down to it. After all, it was Jace Collins. The womanizing, bike riding bad boy who I must admit wasn't exactly the type of guy I'd go out with.

"I'm...uh...Marilyn Jenson," I mumbled.

Jace scowled before snorting, "Did you get lost on your way to kindergarten or something?"

Did I forget to mention the fact that I was tiny beyond life?

"No!" I retorted, "We go to the same school dummy."

"What did you call me," Jace asked; his eyes back on me like knives.

I giggled nervously, the kind you heard someone about to lose all form of sanity make. Although, sneaking into Jace's car before home room did make me question my sanity. Here I was, hoping that I'd convince Jace to do me the hugest favour of my entire life and instead I fall asleep in his backseat. But in my defence, the guy really shouldn't leave his back window open. Anyone could break into his car. I mean, look at me! And it is clumsy me...

"I called you...uh...mummy?" I rambled dumbly.

A smirk took hold of Jace's lips before he replied, "Mummy? I get it! You're one of those girls into role play-"

"What," I spluttered, "God no!"

That was it. My cheeks were on fire and I could feel my throat closing up. Why the heck would Jace think I was one of those...girls? I shuddered and nervously glanced around the roads which in my opinion could for all I cared be called empty. The only people who lingered about of course were the horrid jocks and no surprise, the dreadful hags also known to us simpletons as cheerleaders.

"Then why are you in my car," he asked, sneering slightly as he added, "Marilyn?"

Quickly I looked around and spotted a tire wrench lying at the base of my feet. I grabbed it and waved it in front of my face like some has-been Harry Potter and answered in a salesperson voice, "I'm here to change your tires for free!"

"Fine," Jace replied with a grin, "you change my tires for free then."

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. My mouth was opened so wide that you could label it a vortex and put a sign around my neck and offer free Vortex rides. Not that I would ever do that because we all know that most of these testosterone filled guys at school would just see it as free blowjobs and that is something that I simply would never do even if my life was in danger.

"You mean now?" I gasped in horror.

"Yeah now Marilyn," he drawled out like I was an idiot before sliding out of his seat, "Come on change my tires."

Yeah go change his tires Lynn. It will be simple! Why did you have to go and open your big mouth? You could have just told him the real reason you were waiting for him in his car like a deranged, mental escapee who thought she was an assassin targeting a target. God Lynn, you're an idiot. And how the heck do you even change a tire? What are you going to do now? Just wave the wrench in front of the tire and expect Harry Potter to pitch up with a manual?

"Do you think...uh...that...?" I stuttered, "That...uh...this is...like a good...idea?"

Jace crossed his arms and stared at me with indifference before retorting, "You offered a free tire change."

I laughed nervously as I fiddled with the wrench then glanced at the tire. Seriously, what was I supposed to do with this? And isn't there supposed to be that thing under the car that makes it go up? Looking back at Jace, I realised that he had a faint smirk against his lips and I mentally slapped myself. He was totally messing with me! I gritted my teeth and pointed the wrench at him.

"This isn't funny," I enunciated each word.

"Look Marilyn," Jace cut me off, "I really don't have time for your desperate hormones," he ignored my protest, "frankly, you don't look old enough to even be thinking about anything remotely sexual, so whatever you want; you're not going to get it."

My grip tightened on the wrench as I watched Jace slide back into the car and start the engine. Eyes widening, I suddenly flung opened the passenger door. Jace threw me an irritated look as he watched me stand there with the wrench in one hand while the other hand held firmly onto the opened door.

"I...need you to be...my date for the...Valentine's Ball..." I stumbled.

"And why in hell's name would I do that," Jace snorted.

I let go of the door and nervously fidgeted with the wrench as I mumbled, "To help me win a bet?"

"I really don't care," Jace muttered, "so from my side, you can keep the wrench."

I then did the dignified thing and walked away. Okay, so I didn't.

"Please!" I begged, "You have to help me or else I'll die a life of humiliation and give Beth all the more reason to gloat!"

Jace suddenly looked alert as he asked me, "Beth as in Bethany Willows?"

I nodded. Jace looked thoughtful while a flash of anger passed through his eyes. After eyeing the wrench in my hands then glancing back up at me, he relented.

"Fine I'll be your 'date' for the Valentine's Ball," Jace answered.

**A/N**

Be honest and tell me what did you think about it? This is just the introduction to what's to come :) Remember to vote, comment and spread the word if you liked it!

PS: Do you like the cover? I know I do...

xoxo

Mona-Mae