Chapter 11.

I entered the room to see Josh and Alyssa cuddled up together on the couch with the bowl of popcorn cradled between them as they watched the film. My stomach churned as I watched him kiss her cheek lovingly. It was sickening.

I had to tell her.

Taking a deep breath, I opened my mouth to speak when a pair of disturbing blue eyes suddenly stabbed into mine as they scanned me over her shoulder.

Tell anyone and I'll fucking kill you and her, do you understand?

If I said anything then he would hurt Alyssa.

My gaze dropped to the floor in defeat and I swallowed hard as I struggled to keep my composure. They hadn't realised I was there yet; Alyssa was laughing loudly at Noah who was making bizarre facial expressions, his tongue was lolled out as he crossed his eyes. Ignorance is bliss.

Noah was the first to spot me, beaming widely. "You're missing the start!" he scolded.

I licked my lips nervously as I prepared the words I was going to say in my head.

"I think I'm going to go home." I announced quietly.

He frowned instantly in concern. "Why? What's wrong?"

"I have a really bad headache." I replied casually, hoping my pitiful excuse was enough to ease any suspicions.

"Oh, right. I'll drive you home then." Noah spoke as he stood up, giving me a reassuring smile. I mirrored his expression before turning to Alyssa and the creep.

Alyssa rose to her feet. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" she asked out of the blue.

I nodded.

"I'll wait for you outside." Noah stated before turning to Josh politely. "It was nice meeting you."

Josh gave him a friendly smile, but there was resentment reflected in his eyes. "You too."

I shuddered at his voice.

The minute Noah left, Alyssa tugged me out of the room, making me bite the inside of my mouth to stop me from yelping when she grabbed my sore arm. Just before we exited, Josh shot me another threatening look, followed by a sickly grin making dread roll through me.

As soon as we were out of earshot, Alyssa turned on me, her eyes narrowing.

"You're leaving because of Josh, aren't you?" she accused.

Yes.

"No." I lied, hoping she would believe me. "I really do have a headache."

"Right." she responded dryly before sighing and running a hand through her curls, messing them up a little. "Fine. Go home."

"I'll call you later or something?" I offered.

She shrugged. "Whatever."

Her abrupt dismissal hurt, but I gave her a small smile anyway. "See you later then."

She didn't answer.

The door closed and I walked to where Noah was waiting in his silver car parked in the driveway before getting in silently. He was staring at me, his slate eyes piercing into mine.

"Lou, are you okay?" he asked gently.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled unconvincingly.

He frowned, but didn't say anything as he started the car. I leaned against the window and stared out absentmindedly. I was thankful that Noah didn't try to make any awkward conversation and I found myself drifting off.

Shortly after, we arrived outside my house and Noah tapped my shoulder gently to wake me. I sat up slowly, yawning a little. Glancing over, I watched as Noah unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car before walking over to my side to open the door. I raised an eyebrow and unclipped my seatbelt before climbing out. He was watching me intently and it was strange to see such a serious expression on his face. I laughed a little in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"I told you, I can open doors myself you kno-"

All of a sudden tanned arms wrapped around my waist slowly, bringing me closer. I looked up to face Noah who was so close I could have counted each one of the long eyelashes that framed his striking taupe eyes and his sandy hair fell into a disorderly style against his sun kissed skin, giving him a look similar to a surfer. My breath hitched in my throat as he brought his hands up and held my face gently.

"Tell me what's wrong, Lou." he pleaded, his voice soft and caring.

I stared at him silently for a moment as I wrestled with thoughts until I eventually came to a conclusion.

I have friends that will do much worse to him if you go running your pretty little mouth off.

"I can't." I finally admitted dejectedly. "I'm sorry."

Concern dwelled on his features for a moment before he sighed and gave me a nod of understanding. I felt guilty for not telling him, but if I did he could end up getting hurt too. Noah gave me a small supportive smile.

"Well, whenever you do want to talk about it, you know where I am." he told me reassuringly, stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"Thanks." I mumbled as I looked down, embarrassed by how close he was.

"Lou?" he called my name so quietly I wasn't sure I'd heard him, but I glanced up all the same to see his eyes fixed on mine.

Unsure of what to do, I gazed into his cool grey eyes when he suddenly moved forward, causing his firm lips to connect with mine. My eyes widened with shock as he kissed me softly but before I could react he pulled away and his mouth curved into an impish grin. Speechless, I stood there gawking at him as he chuckled and strolled over to his car like nothing had even happened. I watched him open the car door and he grinned at me, his dimples visible as his grey eyes glimmered with amusement.

"Looks like I've definitely set my place in this love triangle then. See you later Lou." he smirked before climbing into his car, leaving me stood there in a daze as I watched him drive away and disappear around the corner.

_______________________________________________________

Like it?  

I know it's shorter than the other chapter and it's also unedited, but I felt like updating so here you go! 

I love your opinions so feel free to comment and/or even vote!  

Thanks so much for reading!

Sweets xxx