Meeting Up- Chapter 5

Then, he starts walking over..

I look over at Carlyna, but she didn't notice him yet. I then look back over to Wesley walking towards the car. It got very quiet as the engine of the car settles to a stop. Wesley got to the car, and was now heading towards my car door. I open the car door and get out.

"Hey Taylor! I'm so glad you made it!"

Looking him in the eyes, while I smile like an idiot, I manage to say, "I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

His smile got bigger. I felt like my life was in slow motion. I notice his arms slowly lifting, and reaching towards me. I start to lift my arms too, and then I felt his strong big hands against my back and pulling me in. That was the best hug I have ever gotten. He gives the best hugs. It felt like he really cared. What about? Not sure, but this hug wasn't just a, "hey, what's up!" Kind of hug, it was a, "I'm so happy you're here, you're so cool, I really like you." Kind of hug. Maybe I'm just over thinking this hug...

"You should get Carlyna, and we can hang out inside?"

"Sure!"

Carlyna, completely oblivious to the situation says, "Do you want to go inside now?"

"Um yeah, let's go!"

I thought Wesley already went inside, but when I walked towards the front of the car, he was waiting for me... Well for us.

The three of us walk in together. As we walked in, Drew from across the room saw us, and ran over.

"Carlyna!! Come with me, I want to show you around. By the way, wow, you must work out your glutes."

"I.... Sure, I'll come with you!"

Drew grabs her hand and walks off. Carlyna looks back at me with the most hilarious face. She was surprised, excited, confused and happy all in one facial expression.

"Wow, Drew seems pretty stoked about your friend."

"Yeah, he does. She seems pretty excited herself!"

He laughs a little, "Yeah, they're cute."

I look at him and smile, and he smiles back.

"So, how was your drive here?"

"It was pretty fun! Long, but fun."

"Well that's good. Is the Audi Carlyna's car?"

"No it's mine. I love Audis!"

"Me too! I love the Audi R8."

"Same! A lot of people have it now though."

"Which kind of sucks, because I really want one. I don't really like getting 'common' cars."

"I agree. Well my uncle owns an Audi shop. He can get you a new Audi that hasn't even been out yet!"

"Dude, that would be rad! Thank you!"

"It's no problem, really!"

Before Wesley could speak, Keaton darts over.

"Wesley! We're on in 5 minutes, you need to come backstage so we can get ready!"

"Damn... Alright I'm coming. Taylor, I'll see you in the front row right?"

"Right!"

"Okay, nice!"

Keaton smiles at me, and then him and Wesley run backstage. My mind is blank, even thinking about the fact that I just had another conversation with him. I start searching for Carlyna, as drew walks up to the mic on the stage.

"Hey guys! We're performing in about 2 minutes, so go to your seat and chill until we start."

From a distance, I spot Carlyna, and she spots me. We run towards each other, and then go to the front row of the audience.

The lights go dark, and all I hear are people yelling from excitement, and then I start to hear a guitar and base being tuned. The lights on the stage go on, and then the stage looks like heaven. Kenny on the drums, Kyle on the sax. Drew with his acoustic, Wesley with his electric, and Keaton with his base. This is heaven, I'm telling you...