The Walking Moon Fantasy Ending Contest: My Ending

This is my ending of The Walking Moon for The Walking Moon Fantasy Ending Contest. 

(From the bridge scene)

“Paulie? Why are we at the bridge?” Jack asked. I looked into his eyes and saw a life with him. A life where we could be together. A life where we would spend eternity together.

I took his hands. “We are going to jump off this bridge, together.” I slowly told him. My chest heaving from the nerves.

Jacks eyes grew wide as he took a step away from me. “Are you crazy?  You know I can’t escape this. The only thing that will come of this is you dying.”

I shook my head and took his soft hand in mine. “If we die together, you won’t be stuck here anymore. We both will go to Heaven. My soul will take yours as it goes.” I looked into his eyes. I begged him. “Please, Jack. I love you. I love you so much that the thought of not having a live with you kills me in the inside.”

I saw his eyes tear up. “But you won’t have a life to live if you jump off.”  He took another step back but I moved closer towards him.

“But if we die together, we’ll be together in Heaven. Forever.” Tears started to flow out of my eyes like his.

“I love you so much, Paulie.” Jack took my head in his hands and kissed me like his life depended on it. He nearly sucked the air out of my lungs. I kissed him with all my heart. I put all my emotions and feelings into the kiss. All the love, heartbreak, and happiness I felt with him.

I pulled away and rested my forehead on his. “Let’s go.” I whispered.

We both made our way to the bridge. But halfway there, I heard someone shout out.

“Paulie!” I turned around and saw Rhodes running towards me and Jack. He finally got to me and pulled me away from the bridge.

“What the hell are you thinking? Jumping off a bridge?” He was sweating and his chest was heaving.

“I need to do this. I love him, Rhodes. He is going to be stuck here forever if we don’t do this.” I cried out to him.

His face was crestfallen. “But what about me?” He whispered. Tears formed at the corner of his eyes. “I love you, Paulie.”

I shook my head. “No you don’t. You need to move on. Rhodes, I don’t deserve your love. You can find someone way better than me. You’re too special.” I was sobbing at this point. “Please. Let me do this.” I whispered. My voice was barely audible.

He looked torn. But he finally let my arm go.

“Can I just do one thing before you go?” He asked.

“What?” I replied.

“Can I kiss you? As a goodbye kiss?” He walked closer to me.

I turned back and looked at Jack. He nodded at me. I then turned around back to Rhodes. He took my head in his hands and kissed me. It was gentle. His soft lips caressed mine. But it felt wrong. It felt like I was kissing the wrong guy. It’s because I was kissing the wrong guy. I’m supposed to be kissing Jack.

Rhodes pulled back and smiled at me. He kissed me on the forehead and whispered. “Go.”

I walked over to the bridge and took Jacks hand in mine. I turned around and sent Rhodes a smile and never looked back.

 I took a deep breath and we both jumped off together.

The End.