He was cool: Chapter Nineteen

Gasping I backed away from Kane and placed a hand on my mouth. The smile on his face kind of faded, but something in his eyes sparkled.

"I-" he began.

"Why?" I whispered. "Did you do that?"

"I.." Kane opened and closed his mouth. "Don't really know," he sighed rubbing the back of his neck. I was legit shocked at what just happened, and mildly embarrassed for some reason. Standing awkwardly in front of Kane I opened my mouth to say something, but Kane started instead.

"I wouldn't have done that if I didn't like you," Kane muttered. "I sincerely do."

"You know-"

"I know," Kane smiled. "You don't like guys touching you without your permission, hugging you, kissing you..." Kane stared at me.

"If you knew then why?" I stared back at him.

"Because I like you," Kane began.

"No you don't," I cut in. "You don't like me Kane."

"How do you know that?" Kane half-smiled.

"I can tell.." I muttered staring at him intently. "You have a motive."

"Oh really?" Kane chuckled. "What type of motive?" he stuffed his hands into his pocket.

"The only thing right now I'm going say to you Kane is..." I breathed. "I'm sorry."

"You're virtually dumping me aren't you?" Kane grinned.

"Maybe," I couldn't help, but smirk. "But I'm not looking for a relationship."

"At least I got a kiss out of you," Kane walked up closer to me.

"That was cheap," I smiled. "But I'm making it clear right here right now..." I stared at him seriously. "We will never be.."

"Are you sure about that?" Kane's expression suddenly turned serious.

"Yes," my smile faded.

"Is it because of Seb?" his eyes turned cold.

"Seb?" I scrunched my face up. "He has nothing to do with this."

"You know at the end of the day he's just using you," Kane stared at me expressionlessly. "In the end he'll throw you away."

"What exactly are you trying to say right now.." I glared at Kane.

"It's because of him you don't want me."

"I don't want you or Seb how does that sound?" I glared at him. "Where you're not pmsing talk to me Kane," I threw my cone on the floor and walked away.

KANES POV

"Shit.." I swore kicking the floor. What the hell am I doing right now? I just told her I liked her and then get all pissy when she doesn't accept I mean... what exactly was i expecting? This is Nirvana were talking about.

I mean... i like her enough to tell her, but something keeps pulling me back. Something I can't seem to forget and keeps holding me back. Grunting I jogged up behind Nirvana and trailed behind her trying to talk to her, but my mouth felt like it was glued together.

This has never happened to me EVER when I'm with her a girl. Nirvana has this spell that keeps me grounded, leveled and away from her. I have this weird respect towards her that the fact she doesn't like jumping into relationships. I'm enjoying the fact she doesn't like me and that somehow makes me want her more for some reason.