Chapter 22

Chapter 22

*******************************************************************************************

Dedicated to my wifey!!

******************************************************************************************

Nicholai's POV

"He punched me in the nose!" Damien shrieked as he backed away from the car. The little bit of people that were around turned to look at us but said nothing. Soon they were on their way off to doing whatever they were doing before.

"Why would you scare me like that?" I countered.

"I was waking you up!" He screamed at me still clutching his broken nose. Blood began to drip from between his fingertips. Once he felt the warm blood slipping through his fingers he pulled his hand away to stare at the crimson red fluid that was smeared across the palm of his hand.

"I'm bleeding...I'M BLEEDING!" He shouted making me feel even guiltier. My saddened eyes fell on his bloodied palms as he held them out staring at them. Opening my mouth to say something I was shocked to see Imani punch him in the shoulder.

"Stop making him feel guilty!" Imani glared at him before reaching up to grab Damien's nose. With a quick snap of the wrist he snapped Damien's nose back into place earning him a hiss of pain.

"But it hurt..."Damien whined as he wiped the rest of the blood off his face with the back of his hand. Walking over to me he pulled me into a hug wrapping his arm around me tightly before releasing me from the death grip. Placing a soft kiss on my lips he let go of me as he spoke.

"Don't worry babe I forgive you." He spoke sincerely before letting me go, heading to the back of the car where he began to pull out a few bags they had packed for us. Wait! He forgave me?

"Forgive me for what? I never apologized! You deserved that punch in the face for trying to wake me up like that."

"Ugh...fine...I guess I'm kind of sorry." He muttered as he dragged another bag out the trunk. Rolling my eyes at him I turned around only to be stunned by the sight before me. The huge mansion like house was a shock to see considering I wasn't expecting it. I don't know what I was expecting, maybe a log cabin deep in the forest but not this.

"Wow..." I mumbled as I took a step forward.

It was a huge house that had at least ten rooms and that was just by the windows that I could see in the front. The whole front and sides of the house were covered in ivy that climbed up the walls enchantingly. The house itself seemed to be like something out of a home magazine.

Turning around to see more of his home I was amazed to see smaller but impressive homes further down the road we came up. They were lined up along the road and down some side roads but the majority of the homes could be seen from the spot I was standing at right now.

It was still early on in the day so there were shifters walking around idly, playing, talking or just relaxing. There were even some wolves sprinting in between the homes chasing each other. It was a beautiful sight to behold to be sure.