17

"Wake up." I heard someone say while I was laying there still half way sleep. Their voice faded while half of me was still asleep, I was having another nightmare of the night Austin died. Then another part of me was thinking about where I have Natalie, I told her I wasn't finished with her and I'm not.

"Get up, I know you hear me." I heard the person speak out again. But like before I was still half sleep, sweating through my own nightmare of that night playing back in my mind. Between the person's words and the gunshots that started going off in my dream, it caused me to jump up and catch my breath, finally seeing who's voice I been hearing the last few minutes. My dad's.

"Where is he?" He looked down at me standing by the door. He looked the same as he always did, stern and face full of no emotion, but he looked like he was angry.

"Who are you talking about?" He took a chair that was in my room and pushed it near my bedside and sat down and looked me directly in the face.

"You know who the fuck I'm talking about."

"I don't know." Then he sprung up from the chair, pushing it across the room and walked over against the wall and stood there before saying anything else. I really didn't know who he was talking about, even though me and my dad were street people we some what dealt with different people.

"I'm going to ask you one more time and you better give me the right answer."

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"Joey!" He screamed out and looked back over at me. "He's missing, where is he?!"

"I don't know dad, you didn't even tell me where he was at so what makes you think I can even get to where you had him in the first place?"

"Because you want him dead, knowing you, you'd go through any obstacle to find out where he is."

"You damn right, and you know where I get that from, so I don't know why you complaining." I said as I got up and sat at the edge of my bed, trying to process what he just told me. If Joey was missing, how'd he get out? Where was he gonna go next? "How long has he been gone?"

"He's been gone since last night, and since you weren't here last night everything came down to you."

"Well I don't know where he's at, if I did you know he'd be dead. I'd probably be sitting here flashing his head in your face, probably doing a little dance. I know you know me better than that dad."

"Got a point there, I guess I underestimated you. Do you know where he could've gone?"

"I don't, I wish I did know." I said to him as I got up to get my phone from off my dresser. I had 58 unread texts and 26 missed calls. Damn did I miss something?

"I gotta find him and when I do he's dead." My dad said before he left slamming my door to run outside to his ride that just pulled up, and believe me he means what he says. I looked at all the texts first, and they were from Twizzy, Zee, and some others that worked for me, just telling me the regular shit but I had more calls from Zee than I usually would, so I called him back.

"Hello?"

"Alex we got a problem."

"Yeah I know, Joey's out. You know anything about that?"

"I do, but-"

"Well you gotta tell me right now, cause I'm all in. My dad's on my case but fuck it who cares."

"Natalie's people keep calling my phone. What if they find out we got her? Or find out you're involved?"

"That's not gonna happen-"