Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE 

Harry's POV

The boys and I were promised a few hours off before we had to get back to the studio. Liam came up with the idea to do a quick run by Tesco to pick up a few things he claimed he needed and Niall immediately agreed so he could pick up food for himself.

We had all split up to find what we needed or wanted and surprisingly so far I hadn’t been noticed. Normally by now, I would’ve been exhausted by how many girls would come up and ask for a picture or autograph, but I was amazed at how the store seemed desolate almost. 

I somehow ended up in the book and magazine aisle and as I passed by all of the magazines, a certain one caught my eye specifically. There was a photo from one of our previous photo shoots on the cover, which meant there was definitely a story about us inside.

I picked up the magazine and flipped through all of these ads until I reached the story about us. 

It was one of those magazines where it had those cheesy fun facts about us such as our favorite colors, foods, etc. For each of us, there were a few paragraphs about us.

Before I could turn the page, one paragraph that was explaining me caught my eye. 

“Harry is known as the flirt of the band. He flirts with any girl he sees! He even dated 32 year-old Caroline Flack back in late 2011. After his little relationship with Flack, Styles has been seen with a numerous amount of women that have been linked to him. Has the 18 year-old bachelor finally settled down with one lucky girl, or will he continue to move from girl to girl?

I chucked the magazine back into its spot angrily. This was what I hated about the press; they always twisted your life around making you look like a completely different person. 

Every time I was spotted with a girl, whether it was either a family member or just a friend, they automatically considered it was just another little fling. Yes, I was labeled as the flirt of the group and I am a flirt, but I’m not just a stupid jerk that goes from girl to girl breaking each one. I have a lot more respect and dignity. I could never do that to an innocent woman. 

Rage and anger was filled inside of me when suddenly, something stopped me. It was a soft sound coming from what sounded like the aisle next to mine. I couldn’t quite tell, but it sounded like a quiet whimper, growing louder and louder. Maybe it was a child who was upset because their parent wouldn’t let them get what they wanted. But if they were crying because their parent said no, I would’ve heard the parent by now. Wouldn’t I? 

Curiously, I turned out of the aisle and into the next completely not expecting what I found.

On the ground sat a young girl, crying her eyes out. Her brown wavy hair was pulled into a simple messy ponytail and her cheeks were stained with tears. Her honey brown eyes were bloodshot from all of the crying. Her clothes looked a little bit baggy on her, but mostly messy and dirty, as if they hadn’t been washed in about a month or so. And she was here all by herself. 

Maybe she got lost? Curiosity was building up inside of me. I wanted to help this child; I needed to help this child. 

“Hey, you okay?” I softly asked walking closer to her and bending down so I could be the same height as her. 

When she noticed me, her eyes immediately widened and she scooted away from me further, as if she were afraid of me.

“What’s wrong, love?” I tried again.