Prologue

I have never considered moving from the town that I was born and raised in, not that I loved it to be honest just that the thought have never crossed my mind.

Leaving, Wow what an awful word, it holds a lot of sorrow and hurt, most people hates it, because it is one thing that no one wants it to happen to them, having someone leave you when it's probably the hardest time you're going through and the most time you need them.

Some other people would think that they have had enough of the miserable life they were living and that it's not where they belong anymore, so they would just leave to go on a journey to find themselves.

Well for me, I'm none of these two types of people, I'm just a normal high-school girl, at the age of 17 (18), quite young to actually be experiencing any of these situations. I just had to leave my hometown not to follow a dream or something that important to me but because of my mom's work. We had to move to the city.

She is a doctor at the main hospital, which lies in the heart of the city, whereas we actually lived at the outskirts of the big city which obliged her to make long trips everyday really early on the morning to make it there on time. And sometimes when she had a shift late at night she would call me and tell me she'll be late, but I know that she won't be coming anytime soon for the night because she won't have the enough time to go back to work next morning, the thing that made her stay at work for the night.

She had spent the last couple years working hard to cover up the house's needs and provide me with everything that I could possibly ask for and never leave me thinking that others of my own age had things I didn't. And I'm thankful for all the effort that she's making just to make sure I was satisfied. Ever since my dad's death she had the heavy weight of the responsibility thrown on her shoulders, for her to carry it by herself.

I've seen her struggle between the work and the house,

"Mom, why don't you look for a smaller and closer house so you won't be exhausted from the long trip you make everyday" I have said softly to her as she lied down on her bed asking for some rest to take over her drained body. We owned a quite huge house considering it's only the two of us who's living in here. I was okay with moving, it's for the best because if we had a house close to the hospital where mom works at, she will be less tired and will have more time to rest. But the thing that was stoping her is my school. She thinks that it would be hard for me to go to a new school and leave my friends. She saw how affected I was when my childhood best friend left the state to be back to her dad's home in Spain. Maria was my best and only friend. I had spent everyday of my previous life with her, when she left mom told me that I will still be in-touch with her and that I will make other friends, but it wasn't that easy, ever since Maria left I haven't met any new friends, no one understood me the way she did, so I decided to stay in my own world and I have belt up walls to protect myself from the outside danger of strangers and that I wouldn't care about the change of schools and places.

Basically, it seems that my mom have taken my suggestion in consideration because now we're moving to the city. Closer to her work, also she said that my new school is only 10 minutes walk from the new house, so that seems better considering that my old school was 15 minutes drive on the school bus.

~~After One Hour Drive ~~

I am being woken up by the soft angelic voice of my mom

" Sweetheart, wake up, "

I managed to slowly open my heavy eyelids, as I felt my mom's gentle touch on my shoulder, to be faced with her beautiful features before me, her sea blue eyes staring at me and you can see the love they carried, a worm smile made its way across her face that just made a smile of my own to appear on my sleepy face