Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Nicole's POV

'I am so glad I'm not wearing my new pair of stilettos,' I thought as I ran through the bustling crowds outside the train station, two cartons of hot coffee in my hand.

I had woken up late today due to the party I attended yesterday, and now I had only ten minutes to get to my boss’s office before he did.

My boss, the cold hearted bastard. After 2 years of working for him, the only sweet thoughts I have of him are images of him dying a painful death.

Harsh, yes and you'll soon understand why.

I finally reached the building and I quickly dashed inside to the elevators where some of my colleagues quickly held open the doors when they saw me.

You see, everyone here hates my boss with the same passion as I do. And for that reason, we all stick together and help each other where we can.

But these guys help me the most. Why you ask?

Because I'm the douches frikkin assistant and therefore I take more of his crap.

"Late night?" Nathan – a good colleague of mine – asked as I pressed the button to go to the top floor.

"You'd think I'd learn by now," I sighed as I took a quick sip from my coffee cup.

I checked my watch, 5 minutes left. Let's hope he hasn't decided to be early today, otherwise I'm screwed. I sighed with relief as I heard the ding and the doors opened. I rushed out skipping out of everyone's way while holding the coffee cartons high.

I quickly rushed through the cubicles, and from the way everyone was lounging around, I could see that the devil hadn’t plagued us with his presence just yet.

I sighed in relief as I reached my desired destination, and breathed deeply as I rested against my desk.

Once I caught my breath and my feet were no longer throbbing with pain and instead had gone numb, I got up and placed his coffee in the mini microwave thing I kept under my desk for such times like these.

After finishing off my caramel latte, I logged on my computer and finished printing off all the files that I knew for a fact Isaac would ask for as soon as he came in.

Just as I had sorted them out in chronological order and in the type of folders he specifically demanded them in, the phone on my desk rang.

“Hello, Tristan PR, Managing Director Isaac Tristan’s office, how can I help you?” I said pleasantly, all the while praying to the heavens that it wasn’t Sheila the receptionist downstairs.

But I guess I’d run out of my good luck today.

“Hey, Nicole, it’s Sheila. The devil just went into the elevators, send the warnings now.” She in hushed tones.

I thanked her and quickly sent everyone in the top floor a text message. ‘The devil is on warpath. Get Ur booties moving dudes!’

A second later I could hear exclaims run though the floor, and I knew even without looking that that they were smartening their appearance and clearing everything from their desks and computers that was not work related.

I gave myself a quick look over, making sure my lip gloss was still glossy, my red silk blouse tucked neatly in my black knee length pencil skirt, my black blazer coffee and crease free, and making sure my chocolate medium length hair was still in its neat do.

The office had gotten so quiet now that I could hear the ding  of the elevator. I took a deep breath, as I wasn’t sure what was louder, my heart beat or Isaac’s footsteps.