Chapter Eight

I opened the door and there standing was a man and two women."Are you ready my love?", the man asked in some European accent.

"Who are you?", I asked.

"I'm Unkel, your personal makeup stylist", he said, holding up a hair kit. 

 "Oh come in", I said, "You can set up in the upstairs bathroom."

They followed me up the stairs to the bedroom."You have a beautiful home Mrs. King", the stylist.

"Who's that?", I asked, confused.

"You are Mrs. King right?", he asked,"Your married to Quincy King?"

"Oh of course", I said, "Can you wait a sec?"

I ran into the bedroom and called Quincy. The phone rang a few times and he picked up."Quincy you told them I was your wife?", I whispered.

"Just go with it", he said."Did you get the stuff I left for you?"

"Yes it gorgeous", I said.

"Good I'll be there in a few hours to pick you up", he said.

"Okay see ya", I said and then hung up the phone. I ran back to the bathroom,"Okay, I'm ready"

"Good sit down", he said, patting the seat,"I'm thinking long and straight with some falling curls." He ran his finger through my hair.

"Okay", I said. It had been a while since I had my hair completely straight so I couldn't wait to see what it would look like.

"Is this your natural hair?", Unkel asked, running his fingers through my hair.

"Yes", I said.

"What are you mixed with?", he asked.

"My dad is white and my mom is black", I said.

"Have you ever had a perm?, he asked.

"Yes and all my hair fell out", I said.

"Well then this will be a long process with just a flat iron", he said. 

~~~~ 

After a hour and a half of flat ironing he was done."I'm finished", he said, handing me a mirror.

My hair looked amazing, it went almost down to my butt."It looks great", I said.

"We are not done yet",he said, "Dalia and Talia must do your make up."

The two twin girls stood in front of me twitching and leaning there heads from side to side. They said something in another language and begin laughing.

"What did they say?", I asked Unkel.

"They said they will need Jesus", he said and threw up his hand.

One of the girls said something to Unkel."What did she say?", I asked.

"She wants to know what happened to your forehead.", he said.

"I had a little accident", I said.

Unkel repeated what I said to them in another language. The girls putting the make up on me. It felt like girls piled pounds of make up on me."They are now finished", Unkel said.

I looked in the mirror and thought about how they had worked a miracle. The scar on my forehead was completely invisible. "Thank you", I said.

"Wait you need red lipstick",Unkel said. One of the girls handed him lipstick and he slowly put it on my lips."Perfect", he said, staring at me.

"Now I must get dressed", I stood up.

"Wait your husband wanted me to give you this", he said, handing a box."I think you should open it after you get dressed", he said.

I put on the long dress and shoes then starred at myself in the mirror."I look hot", I whispered to myself. Then I opened the box Unkel handed to me and pulled out diamond earrings. You could tell they were expensive because they were heavy and shined bright. When I thought about the earrings the song by Rihanna popped into my head."Shine bright like a diamond", I sang to myself.

"You sure do", Quincy said, practically scaring the living day lights out of me.

"Quincy you really have to stop sneaking up on me", I said.

"How did you know it was me?", he asked.

"I can see you standing behind me in the mirror", I said."Come here and let me see you."

I looked Quincy a quick look up and down. He was wearing a black tux."Damn you look nice", I told him.

"You don't look so bad yourself.", he said."Come on lets go", he said, grabbing my hand.

There was a limo waiting outside for us so we jumped in. "Champagne?", Quincy asked, holding up a bottle.

"No thanks", I said.

"You ready for tonight?", he asked.

"Nope", I said.

"Why not?", he asked.

"Because I don't know whats happening", I said. I hated surprises. It seem like every time there was a surprise in my life, it was a bad one.

"You'll see", he said, grinning hard.