Strawberry Hot Chocolate

Jimmy finally noticed me. He looked at me, fixing the hat on his head. »Skye.« Jimmy's brows pulled together unhappily.

»What-« I looked back at Lucas, who was already far away. »What happened?«

»Um,« He replied nervously »I actually have no idea.« He stared at Lucas, still with a surprised look on his face.

»Why were you two arguing?« I never saw them fight before. Everybody knew that they were best friends, that they got each other's back…If you hurt one of them, you pissed of both. This just didn't make any sense.

»Ah,« He paused for a second »about you, actually.« Jimmy leaned on the grey wall, facing me. He dug through his pockets, searching for a cigarette. When he finally found it, he needed to light it for a couple of times, because the thing was being extinguished by the wind.

»What about me?« I almost choked on that sentence.

»He said,« He finally took a deep puff »that I shouldn't drag you around in the middle of the night because it's dangerous. He said that you…« He stopped in the middle of the sentence.

Jimmy pierced my eyes with his, taking another long puff, lighting up the end of the cigarette. »You know what,« He sighed. »nevermind.«

»What?«

He laughed. »Lucas was worried about your safety, since you were with me, and not with him. You, know – apparently we could get attacked and you could get hurt.« He rolled his eyes.

Lucas wasn't happy with me walking around the city at night? With his best friend? He was freaking worried? Is he serious?! He dragged me out, in a weird place called Metha, and we did get attacked there, and he was mad at Jimmy – who took me on a nice date to a park? He is such a…morron!

But I had this weird feeling…that there is more to the story.

Suddenly Jimmy took my hand in his. He was gently brushing my pale skin with his thumb. »I was thinking,« He said. »that we should go somewhere nice today.«

»I thought we went somewhere nice last time.« I blushed, smiling back at him.

»Yeah,« He grinned. »but I was thinking we should go to…Lolita, today.«

Lolita? I know that place. Everybody knows that place. It's a cafe where…all the couples go. It's disgustingly sweet and cute, everything is pink and black, antique chairs and tables, candy on every shelf, cakes, ice-cream, hot chocolate, fluffy pillows, waitresses – dressed like in anime…So much sugar.

I didn't even think of the fact that we were not a couple, or how embarrassing this could be and just nodded. »Sure.«

»Cool, I'll wait for you after school.« A huge grin danced on his face, as laughter escaped his lips.

                                        *                                       *                                      *

When we arrived at Lolita a cute waitress in a maid outfit sat us at the corner table. The place was crowded with couples, who were just melting in each other's arms. They all looked so cute it made me sick to my stomach. Too much sugar at once.

»What can I get you?« She asked us.

I looked around. Everybody were ordering those couple things – you know an ice-cream cup for two, or fruit cup for two, or milkshake for two, everything for two…every freaking thing had two straws and as they started drinking, they were smiling at each other like two…morons.