As Bright As Midnight

I sat tied to the chair staring through bloodshot eye at the man I love being tortured. I stared at his beautiful midnight eyes looking determined and hard. My throat felt like it was on fire from the constant shouting and screaming but I had been silenced with a strip of duct tape. I fought against my own exhaustion to try and make a sound but my exhaustion won over my will power. That was until I saw them approarch him with a can and i knew exactly what they were planning. I couldn't let this happen. I couldn't let him die.

*flashback 8 months*

"I'm coming I'm coming, I got held up at the SU sorry Lis."

"Yeah yeah yeah" my friend retorted "you better speed it up you got my standing out here like a loner it's 8 already!"

"I'm 5 minutes away!"

"Well im giving you 3 minutes before I go inside on my own and get a hot guy to buy me a drink!"

"yeah yeah I'll be there soon"

"mhm bye"

"b-"

The line went dead. I checked to see it wasn't my battery and lo and behold with my great luck my phone was dead. I knew lisa would actually make good on her threat so I picked up my pace down the southbank and decided to take a shortcut. I turned down a side alley and immediately regretted my decision. squelch. I looked down at my feet and noticed a brown sludge under my left foot. I reached into my bag took out my packet of tissues, deciding that walking into the bar alone would be much better than smelling like a sewer, when the most foul stench hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Need some help?"

I looked up, with my face reflecting the smell, to see one of the many homless drunks that roamed the city of London.

"great" i mumbled to myself "thats alright thanks"

I tried to get passed the drunk when i felt immense pressure on my arm and I stopped dead in my tracks.

"I"m just being nice! Aren't I being nice?!?!"

His voice got louder and more aggressive as he spoke.

"All you women think your better than me just because I have a drink now and then!" By now he had both my arms and I could feel the bruises developing.

"That's not what i meant, its just i have to go meet my friend and she will be mad if I am not there soon" I knew he could here the fear in my voice because a sadistic toothless grin spread across his face.

"Well we wouldn't want that now would we? I'll let you get on your way as soon a you pay my kindness with some gratitude."

He pulled me further into the dark abyss and shoved me against the wall and I heard a crack and felt a warm liquid trickle down my neck. He pushed his mouth against mine and I could feel his tongue trying to pry open my mouth. I felt my arm free up and as I tried to lift it I felt pressure holding it down again. He put his fingers over my nose and held my nostrils shut. I could fell my breath start to go immediately and I gasped to try and get air but my mouth was immediately invaded by his tongue. I bit down as hard as I could and I heard a shriek and shortly after tasted blood mixed with dirt and beer. He pulled back and punched me in the face. I let out a whimper and accepted that I couldnt do much more when I felt my body free up and slump to the ground. I drifted in and out of conciousness; seeing two blurry objects before I drifted off into darkness.

I woke up to my face feeling like fire and my head feeling like a tree that a woodpecker had fun with. I touched my head and instead of feeling my hair felt material. A bandage? I scoped out my surroundings soon realising I was in a bedroom. Quite a plain bedroom with a few peices of paper on the wall but apart from that the walls were bare. I got out of the bed, stopping to steady myself as the dizziness went away and walked over to the peice of paper closest to the bed. I didn't trust myself to be able to make it all the way to the other end of the room.

No music swells within his soul, Just silence surrounds his heart, And the solitude engulf his world, When the poet and love depart.

Poetry?

Before I could read more I heard the door knob turning. I ran behind the door grabbing a large photo frame as I passed. A tall guy stepped into the room. He had his back to me so I couldn't see his face but he had a broad back covered in a black shirt and blue jeans. His hair was pitch black and fell to the nape of his neck. I closed my eyes, raised the photo frame and brought it down but was stopped short. I opened my eyes to see what had stopped me when I was faced with the most beautiful midnight eyes I had ever seen.